Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: CalmTalkAmelia
CalmTalkAmelia May 5th, 2022

Welcome! I just came here myself. I enjoy helping people and I have a background in art therapy and counseling/coaching.

User Profile: mybu
mybu May 6th, 2022

@Hope

Hi, my name is mybu and I am new. I joined today because I feel my friends gonna get tired of me soon if I don't find some other outlet. I work in China, and the expat community here in my city is not large. I quite recently went through a divorce after 13 years and was separated from my daughter. My ex partner took her home on holiday but because of the virus couldn't bring her back and then met someone and decided to stay. It has been 2 years and so far I have no way to see my baby for various reasons, like visa and travel restrictions, and so on. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety since my child was taken away. then, quite recently, I met someone who at first seemed a godsent. We clicked and he moved in and for a while I was so much better, he was caring and funny and he even played with my daughter on videochat because I call her every day and he was my anchor, and I guess I relied on him too much, and then ten days ago he left because he has commitment issues and doesn't want to make promises and support another person emotionally when he himself has issues. It crushed me. I didn't eat for four days and just drank and drank. My friends had to come and do an intervention to make me eat. Now I am not sure how to proceed because I am having panic attacks and am afraid to be in the empty house alone.

thank you for reading this. I am sorry if it is too much to share. it feels a little weird to do it here but I hope I didn't overstep.

1 reply
User Profile: TrulySweetTouch
TrulySweetTouch May 7th, 2022

@mybu

Hello,

Welcome to 7 Cups of Tea. I hope you have a great experience here. I'm so sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I believe in you. Slowly, you will heal and be ok. Please, be patient and kind to yourself. Everything will be ok :)

load more
User Profile: Angelcrossing1986
Angelcrossing1986 May 7th, 2022

Welcome 👏👏👏😊😊😊💕💕💕

User Profile: Sathi
Sathi May 7th, 2022

Great platform

User Profile: GirlJustTrying2Bgood
GirlJustTrying2Bgood May 7th, 2022

Hello I hope to provide help for people by being a supportive listener

User Profile: WonderfulEars2626
WonderfulEars2626 May 8th, 2022

Hello everyone it’s nice to see such and amazing app

User Profile: thisisEsmeralda7
thisisEsmeralda7 May 9th, 2022

hello

User Profile: madiblue
madiblue May 9th, 2022

Hi everyone! Y’all can call me Madi, or whatever you want. My pronouns are she/her. If I’m being honest I am not too sure what I am doing, I’m just trying to figure things out. I have been feeling very good about myself in the last few years and want to try and change that however I can. I feel sad often, as well as overwhelmed but I have never been to anyone to be diagnosed so do not want to label myself as anything so I won’t offend anyone. Any help or guidance is appropriated greatly

1 reply
User Profile: C3Geo
C3Geo May 9th, 2022

Welcome!!!!!

load more
User Profile: KristaMari3
KristaMari3 May 9th, 2022

Just joined as a listener. I'm a single mom of 3 special needs kids with no support. BPD, Domestic violence survivor and personal experience with depression anxiety so I know having someone who listens WITHOUT judgement is vital and that it isn't always easy to find! That's why I joined... to provide an outlet without judgement 👋

User Profile: Danistra
Danistra May 9th, 2022

WELCOME ALL NEW LISTENERS AND MEMBERS