Does Travel Count as Therapy? Why Tourism is Great for Your Mental Health

"A recently published journal article in Tourism Management found that the experience of going on a vacation can be beneficial for people who navigate dementia. Researchers note how tourism experiences may provide positive impacts as a dementia intervention. It can help those who struggle with other mental health issues as well.
Understanding the Research
Travel Can Restructure Your Mind
While a change of scenery and the absence of deadlines may help, Malone notes that admiring the beauty in life is possible no matter where you are.
Finding a Sense of Balance
Read the complete article available at Very Well Mind!
@comfortableNight4463
A trip may not only put you in a good mood, but it can also bring about long-term personality changes that affect your emotional state and behavioral patterns in the future. "Personality and Social Psychologists" has conducted research on the impact of foreign travel on personality and found that people who travel for a long time tend to have higher openness and more stable emotions. Travel can make new friends. Whether traveling with a company or alone, you will always meet new friends from all over the world.
@SYC1223
Wow that's a really profound finding. I really want to travel but haven't done so since before the pandemic. I've been so used to staying at home and at my city for so long that going to another place or city seems like a fantasy to me right now. Last time I've gone out of my city was 4 years ago!
@comfortableNight4463
Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to travel this summer. However, whenever I travel it gives me so much joy.
It is sad that there are still many people for whom traveling is not an option due to country restrictions or finances. I cannot imagine that I would not be able to travel anywhere.
Traveling only made me feel worse, I saw that reluctant of the place, the world is a crap