Emotional Well-Being and the High Achiever
"High-achieving individuals of all ages (including executives, entertainers, athletes, students, and parents) can often appear to have it all together. They work hard, exercise discipline, attain goals, and typically appear to be in control with little or no emotional stress.
Don’t Let Them See You Sweat
The high achiever was expected to cope well, consistent with the old saying, “never let them see you sweat.” Maintaining this image requires putting on a mask, hiding vulnerability, and not letting anyone see them as “weak.” But pushing down emotions and putting on a false front takes its toll emotionally and can limit the support that might be available if others understood better the stress the person was experiencing. Not being vulnerable separates you from connections with others.
It's Not Work Because I Love Doing It
Depression and High Achievers
The Value of Therapy
@comfortableNight4463
Yes, I have! It has definitely led to burnout sometimes.
It's important to have the right balance!
Thanks for the great article! :)💛✨
@comfortableNight4463 Very interesting post! it's very common for me to experience depression when I'm almost at the point of achieving my goal than when I'm not close yet!
Maybe I feel like I have something to lose after trying so hard and i experience some anxiety that I don't want all this effort to be for nothing.
I usually put a lot of pressure on myself to achieve something. My current goal is to take some time to appreciate myself more and make more time for self-care!
Thank you for the post!