Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish there was more awareness for?

User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz November 29th, 2015

There are so many things we go through in life, yet sometimes it can feel like we don't have much of a space for speaking about it or for it being acknowledged. However, we have special events on 7 Cups which encourages more awareness and discussion on various topics!

So what would you like more awareness for?

Learn more about special events here.

206
User Profile: lightCurrent5360
lightCurrent5360 November 29th, 2015

I wish there were more awareness for rape victims. I know everyone knows rape is bad, but it's like... So many people say they deserve it or they victim blame. It's really sad and unfair. Not many people realize how big of an issue it is

User Profile: MythologicalMayhem
MythologicalMayhem November 29th, 2015

Invisible Illnesses - Chronic pain, JHS, EDS, POTs etc.

1 reply
User Profile: Bella64
Bella64 November 30th, 2015

Yes, like fibromyalgia.

load more
User Profile: NewRomantic677
NewRomantic677 November 29th, 2015

Self Harm, by maybe that's too trigerring a topic to really host discussions about? I'd also say LGBTQ+, but I'm already working towards that (or atleast trying to) with my other support team teammates! (This is a cool thread, Jazz)

User Profile: ivoryGlobe1316
ivoryGlobe1316 November 29th, 2015

Binge Eating Disorder

User Profile: atarashiimirai
atarashiimirai November 29th, 2015

Awareness on treating others like we treat our selves.

User Profile: Kallie112358
Kallie112358 November 30th, 2015

1. single parents

2 Fertility issues

3. making your voice heard

4. alternate lifestyles eg BDSM

5. unplugging - time away from all electronics / internet / phone

6. breastfeeding / new parents

7. friendship

8. olympics - coming soon :D

9. sexual health and safety

10. infant death awareness

11. cyber security

12. organ donation

13. AIDS (world aids day is 1st december and i cant see anything planned for it )

14. adoption

15. recycling

16. deforestation

17. first aid training

18. natural highs - alternatives to drugs

19. carers especially young carers

20. volunteering

@QuickJazz let me know if there is anything I can do to help with any of my or anyone elses suggestions :)

User Profile: IndigoRoses
IndigoRoses November 30th, 2015

Forms of OCD like dermatillomania

User Profile: OdeToMakensey
OdeToMakensey November 30th, 2015

I would like to see more awareness in the world that it is okay to be different. In my case, I have blue and neon green hair and I don`t feel it is okay to put others down for their creativity. I would also like to see more awareness on self image. I feel as if so many people need help with self image, including myself.

User Profile: mimameid
mimameid November 30th, 2015

Human Trafficking

PCOS

Alternative and sustainable energy (or just being mindful of how much electricity we use on a daily basis)

User Profile: ShokoOshiro
ShokoOshiro November 30th, 2015

Asexuality

2 replies
User Profile: Liz1000
Liz1000 November 30th, 2015

@ShokoOshiro I second this. There were going to be events for Asexuality Awareness Day/Week, but all but one got cancelled, and in LGBTQ+ discussions you notice that there's still a lot of people who don't know what it is or have the wrong idea about it.

User Profile: Kallie112358
Kallie112358 November 30th, 2015

@ShokoOshiro hey there

LGBTQ+ support team member here just to let you know we are currently creating some more discussions on this topic and are hoping to have them running very soon

Keep an eye on the calendar as this is one we get asked for quite often so we are doing our best to get it ready!

load more