Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)
Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.
Introduction
The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.
What are Social Soldiers?
Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.
Who can be a Social Soldier?
Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.
What isnt a Social Soldier?
Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.
Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.
How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.
Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader
@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader
Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest
(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)
this is a really great idea, definitely going spread the word about 7cups on social media
@cuteava
That's great!! Would you like to be part of our social media team? You can read about Social Soldiers on this first post here: Anyone Can be a Social Soldier. Then, to sign up for one (or more) of the teams, you can fill out this form: Social Soldiers Signup.
I posted about 7 cups on my instagram and now all my friends have said they're going to join :)
I shared your Partners program with a psychologist who might be able to use that platform to further his projects and business :) Great work, 7Cups!
I am a member of an anxiety forum. In my signature I have a link to 7 Cups.
https://www.facebook.com/7CupsOfTea
https://www.7cups.com
Hi everyone, I hope I am allowed to share this link?
I recently discovered this site. (7cups) Where anyone can chat with a trained listener about any issues they wish. The listener provides you with compassion and reflective questioning to help you become more empowered in finding your own answers. The site also has these fabulous self help sections and you can create your own progress path.
I truly believe that coming from dysfunctional backgrounds and experiencing the traumas that we all have in this group. Starting to look at ways of moving forward are vital. Check it out and I hope you all find it as useful as I do :) x <3
hello how is every one
@jonathonloves I'm great, how are you? :D
@Kaylee
im good kaylee thanks for asking
Great idea!
This is reallygreat
@inn0cents0ul I know right. Is proud that I am a social soldier. :o
nice