Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: Saltedbythesea
Saltedbythesea December 23rd, 2015

Sent a private message recommending the site to friends who are hurting.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia December 23rd, 2015

@Saltedbythesea

That's great that you're spreading the word!! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

load more
User Profile: Anxietyisntcutek
Anxietyisntcutek December 23rd, 2015

I am telling friends to join us! Iam happy they like the website

User Profile: Harquinn909
Harquinn909 December 24th, 2015

I spent all day on twitter XD

User Profile: Kaylee
Kaylee December 24th, 2015

@Harquinn909 Me too!

load more
December 24th, 2015

Just got addicted to this site

Forgot my lunch and dinner while surfing on this site

Really awesome n very helpful to needy

User Profile: sweetSunshine28
sweetSunshine28 December 24th, 2015

shared this with my suicide prevention group!

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia December 25th, 2015

@sweetSunshine28

That's great that you're spreading the word!! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

load more
User Profile: Hopefullunicorn
Hopefullunicorn December 26th, 2015

Thanks

User Profile: thepidgeon
thepidgeon December 26th, 2015

Still not a Social Soldier, but this doesn't mean I don't get to wish you a Merry Newtonmas <3

User Profile: CaringJoy
CaringJoy December 26th, 2015

Great project and I'm so excited to be part of this....

Spreading the word on Tumblr

User Profile: Kellie
Kellie December 26th, 2015

I just applied, this is so great!

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia December 28th, 2015

@Kellie

Yay! Will be contacting people soon :)

load more
User Profile: CatieCatWhispers
CatieCatWhispers December 27th, 2015

I have been posting my link to Tumblr. I make sure that everyone knows that it is a very safe place, free of judgement, and that it is where they can come if they need help. I want as many people to know that it's here for them if they need it. I only have Tumblr but I have 400+ followers on one blog and close to 1000 on another and hope that I can give more people an outlet when they need it!

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia December 28th, 2015

@CatieCatWhispers

That's great that you're spreading the word!! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

User Profile: CatieCatWhispers
CatieCatWhispers December 28th, 2015

@RocketsMom

I looked into it before but I am only on Tumblr so it is the only outlet that I have to spread awareness.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia December 28th, 2015

That would be fine :). We have a tumblr team :) @CatieCatWhispers

load more
load more
load more