Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Broke up, but still friends, I want to be back together

User Profile: reservedCircle7172
reservedCircle7172 February 4th, 2019

I went and did my masters in the U.K. almost two years ago and over Christmas I met this guy on tinder and we hit it off (a rarity for me) he lived in France and we met for the first time (after almost 6 months of daily Skype calls and flirting) when I went to Paris for my birthday. Afterwards I stayed with him for a few days and decided to start dating.

i later moved to France on a temporary basis with some family and lived and worked there for 4 months which allowed for our relationship to grow and strengthen.

However, I had to go back to America due to my U.K. visa expiring and I hadnt seen my family in over a year. Because of this and no guaranteed return date to France (and he precious girlfriend had cheated on him in a long distance relationship so he wasnt too keen on trying that) we broke up when I left France.

Im still having a hard time adjusting he and I still talk and are good friends. But I still love him very much and its a no win for me. I hate when we dont talk, and I find myself disappointed when we do because I miss what we used to be.

i just miss it all and it seems like hes indifferent and Im scared to tell him how I feel and what Im dealing with because hell be disappointed/annoyed Im not adjusted.

4