Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Broke up with boyfriend who is alcoholic

User Profile: bubbleLime7077
bubbleLime7077 March 2nd, 2021

We started to date 2 years ago, and took things really slow as i have kids ... For the first 6 months we met only about 2 times a week... I had no idea his drinking is bad... When I knew him 9 months we had first proper fight. And it was getting worse and worse.. we broke up for few weeks but got back after he promised me he will really try control his drinking.... Christmas come and his drinking got out of control... We would have argument about his drinking every week... Fast forward to February... I had some errands to sort and he was at home with my son... I come back around 4pm and he was drunk... I got mad at him... It felt like all the trust is gone... He got annoyed with me even though I tried to prevent fight in front of my son, i asked him to calm down, that we will talk when the kid go to bed. He got verbally aggressive...was shouting, calling me names, slamming doors ...the fear i saw in my son eyes... He was so scared... I will never forget it... I kicked than man out that night... I know I can't have it my kids life...i know i don't want it in my life either... I miss him ...when we were ok it was amazing... I really felt like he is the one... But he isn't... And i find it really hard to manage all my emotions in the last few weeks....

1
User Profile: sally2345986
sally2345986 March 3rd, 2021

@bubbleLime7077 I think you did the right thing in breaking up with him if anything it would be hard if you actually married him I am sure you will find The one someday when this all blows over Good luck.