Her ex-boyfriend was horrible and she broke up with me
Recent break-up over the last three months. We still keep in regular contact and the reason for the break-up was 'its not you, its me.' When most see this I believe they feel betrayed. That they are just being let down easy and being told there is no point to chasing. I am not interested in you. After this two year relationship came to an end she decided she needed to work on herself. That she wasn't able to provide the emotional connection I needed due to alot of things that happened in her past.
I often find myself wondering why I was left to the wayside. If you think that I am as good as I am then why did you leave?
Selfish thoughts come and its a vicious circle from there. She needs this break-up to work on herself. Whether I was an indirect catalyst for her to seek therapy (which she is doing and it seems to be helping her tremendously) she did say a month ago that she wanted to stay single for a year to work on herself. We've met up and talked numerous times since then. Its difficult for me because I love her dearly. I want to be with her again and build a life like we were planning, although she needs this time to focus on herself.
I think in the end I went off on a tangent, but I believe that if you cherish someone you can wait. It has been difficult. First real instance I've been put into the situation where I 'put my money where my mouth is.' Most would say give up. There are plenty of others out there. Someone better, just like they would say it to her.
Although she believed I was truly someone amazing. I am in conflict with myself and it seems my heart will keep at the steering wheel for now.
@HopelesslyDreaming121 if she left you for an ex maybe its a blessing in desguise sorry it didn't work out