Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to move on after someone leaves you for the person they cheated on you with

User Profile: singularitypls
singularitypls June 6th, 2021

I was just so in love with this guy who manipulated me throughout our relationship. He would do things that hurt me and when I’d break up with him over them, he would guilt me and then love bomb me after, and being the hopeful and stupid person that I am, I’d take him back. But then he cheated on me with this girl who he continued seeing after I found out and broke up with him for the last time, and they’ve now been together for a year and God, it hurts. It’s so so unfair. I was hurting while in love, and then hurt a hundred times more for it, and even after leaving all that behind, I’m still getting hurt. When will this pain just end?

1
User Profile: dukeofdearham
dukeofdearham June 7th, 2021

@singularitypls,

I hear you. The pain will end when you tell it to end. You are hanging on to the past, to someone who manipulated you and cheated on you. You really feel like you deserve all that? Seems to me it was a good thing that he cheated, otherwise he might have been manipulating you longer and longer. You are not your pain, you are not your thoughts. I've been having a rough time and from time to time I watch videos by Eckart Tolle and Matt Kahn. Watching them videos help my to stay within, to be my true self, to be aware so I can look at my pains and hurts sort of from a distance, from a perspective. Give it a try, won't hurt. Take care.