I broke up with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years
4 years I spent with him. He was my best friend and my love.
But I had to end it, he couldn't handle my depression and said nasty things to me when I came to him for comfort. He was cruel, I should have left years ago, but I kept craving for the times where he was nice to me.
But those times were too far and few between. It hurts that I have to say goodbye to him, I keep remembering all the good times, but I can't ignore the bad times that outnumbered them anymore. Things won't ever be the same between us, I'm not sure if we can even be friends, and that kills me. But I deserve to be treated with love and respect. I deserve to be happy. I don't deserve to be emotionally abused anymore.
@sayonarasahara
It takes realy courage and strength to do what you do and I commend you for that. You deserve to be treated with respect and compassion, especially by the person who claims to love you. You are a fighter and a survivor.
@sayonarasahara Hi Sahara, even though I don't know you I have to say that I am proud of you for taking such a brave step into doing what is right for you. Staying in a relatonship that is no longer healthy and sticking out for onc nice thing every now and again is just plain torture. I get that depression is a bit challenging in a relationship - but his behavior is selfish. I was depressed for a long time. You do get through it, but not with people who make you feel like its work to be around you. Cutting ties from those kinds of people is the right thing to do. Be kind to yourself :)
Well done! You're very brave and much stronger than you might give yourself credit for x