I feel like we need to break up
Weve been together for a year now but lately things have been very tough for both of us. The problem is, my partner does not trust me at all. When we first started dating I happened to lie about things that mattered to him and that completely ruined his trust. I am truly regretting what ive done and very ashamed of myself but this doesnt take away his over-jealousy and paranoiac behavior. Now, even when there is nothing to be jealous of he easily gets very mad and starts blaming me for his behavior. My partner said things like you deserve to be cheated on, if i get cancer or something, that would be your fault etc. For him, it is unacceptable for me to come home later than I told (like 20 minuts) or go to a theater with my female friend because a play starts at 8. I accept my fault, but there is nothing I can do now. I love him too much and we had so many memories together that I cannot imagine my life without him but dont think I deserve to be treated like this while doing literally nothing. It is also hard for me to see his mental health getting worse and worse because of me.
@romanova2
i have the same issue w my gf. Im possessive, I get jealous fast and often I end up saying some stuff I dont mean at all. I know its hard for her to deal w me sometimes. But a relationship isnt about two perfect people its avout two people trying to make it work together. If you guys do have moments where everything is perfect and happy then its up to you to decide if its worth it. Idk sorry just my opinion I hope I didnt stray u
@DavidMatt
first of all, thank you
yes, there are moments when i feel like he is the happiest in the world and like he is truly everything i would ever want in my life but its like half of all the time. i always tell him that if he feels like i make him more stressed than happy and loved its his right to leave me and i would accept it
@romanova2
Im sorry I feel like I didnt really help I just can relate to your story so I replied. However, thats why considerate of you to care for him like that and leave the decision up to him and I think if you r leaving it up to him Id just enjoy time being together but ofc u need to keep in mind its not just about him if you love him but he makes u more sad then happy then honestly its just a thought that maybe you guys airnt compatible 😕