Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I just wanted to say thank you...

User Profile: SadBlueCrab
SadBlueCrab June 11th, 2019

As some of you have read in the past days. I've been dealing with a break up. It has been really hard for me to move on. I realized that it wasn't normal for me to feel this miserable since I'm a very type A person, I consider myself strong and resilient. However, after a divorce and a failed attempt at a relationship with my bestfriend my mind couldn't take it anymore. I was diagnosed with depression. I started to take medications and individual therapy as well as group therapy. Finally, yesterday was the first day I didn't think about my "friend" at all and I realized today. It's been two days since I cried last time. I'm feeling better. I still love him, but I'm finally understanding that my worth doesn't depend on anyone wanting a relationship with me or not. Thanks to all of you that have given me advice, or showed support in any way. I'm not over it yet, but now I know this won't kill me... To all the people here that are going through a breakup too, hang in there. We all will be better at our own pace and time, just hang in there!

1
June 11th, 2019

@SadBlueCrab

That's a huge milestone, keep taking in all those little victories! <3