Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Wife not wanting sex as much as me

User Profile: willingJet3012
willingJet3012 February 20th, 2019

I love my wife so much, but after 17 years she has gone of sex. It used to be once or twice a week, then every other week. Now it's every 3 to 4 weeks.

2
User Profile: helpfulIdea9612
helpfulIdea9612 February 22nd, 2019

@willingJet3012

I would think that's a pretty normal progression. As you know, we all have different sex drives and desires.

Is she not interested in any sort of sexual activity? For example, could she still not satisfy you occasionally through masturbation?

If not, well, I'd flippantly suggest to bash off to Internet porn. But, if it's a more serious issue and that you feel you're losing that physical intimacy with your life partner, then I can only suggest you let her know just how serious an issue this is for you. People will say counselling, but let her know. I know some women who have totally given up on sex with their husbands and so allow them to go and find sexual gratification elsewhere...it seems to work well as long as the guys are discreet about it. Different strokes for different folks, right?

User Profile: peacefulforest75
peacefulforest75 March 1st, 2019

@willingJet3012

How is your emotional connection with her?

I ask b/c I was in a similar place with my husband, not really feeling into it because I felt he didn't really care how I felt. Years of him dimissing my concerns or blaming me for my insecurities took a toll, and I don't feel "in love" with him even though I still love him. I've been going through the motions for awhile because he complained about us having sex less often, but I wasn't really enjoying it.

We exploring a separation now (I'm staying with a friend occasionally), and when we are together things are going better. I think sometimes we start to take our partners for granted, and that really cuts away at the emotional intimacy and closeness. For a lot of women, a strong emotional connection is EVERYTHING when it comes to sex drive.