single mom. Finally Found the one then he broke up with me unexpectedly
We went to school together briefly..then he became my boss & shortly after my boyfriend. We got serious quickly. His intelligence, faith, heart, & the way he was with my kid made me feel like I was blessed to find the one. Well...that & the fact that he told me so. He said I was perfect, that he was the luckiest man alive because he had 2 people to love, that he wanted to be & wished he were my son's dad, & that we were soul mates. We were looking for him to buy a home that the 3 of us would live in. We were looking at a car we were going to cosign on. It was difficult because we worked together & because of that & my son's father being a bit unpredictable/crazy we hadn't put our relationship out completely in the open yet. It was assumed but it hadn't been made officially known. Things with his job are stressful & there's a lot of pressure. The both of us encountered unexpected financial troubles,his a bit more minor than mine. When stress would happen related to work it was hard to separate, more so this year than last year. He began holding grudges without me knowing it until it all built up & got to him. I'm working really hard on me & would give anything for another chance. It had been a rough year for me & he saw me through everything. I didn't think the guy who always said he'd fight for us & was so perfect for me & my family would turn around & call things off 3 days after spending the night together. He has now decided he can't talk to me about anything out of fear of me getting mad. It's so weird. He wanted us to think of things like "us" not me and him. He said what is mine is his and vice versa. I know things hadn't been great lately because we both got consumed in work and school. Time for us lacked and communication on his end started to be all about work & it hurt. I just had to listen & if I contributed to the convo I was taken the wrong way so I ended up becoming paranoid about what to say. He has been so confusing since then and it hurts so much hearing my little one pray for him every night. We miss him & I wish I could talk to him and there was something I could do. Any advice is appreciated.
So sorry to hear what you are going through @hazelharmony. Given as you say that you thought this was the one for you, with all the positives you describe, and a future ahead. Then for this to be over so suddenly and with no further communication... really tough for you. Stress can be hard on a relationship and you recognize the stresses were affecting you both. Naturally its confusing for you and for now you may need to live with this.It hurts when we see our children hurting too, and your son is likely to cope best if you are okay. So I think taking care of your self, keeping up the routines in your life, and asking for support from others who are close are keys for now. Remember you are not alone, we are here for you too.