Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Describe one experience you’ve had where you took a huge leap of faith

User Profile: CheeryMango
CheeryMango May 12th, 2021

Describe one experience you’ve had where you took a huge leap of faith

26
User Profile: conscientiousPeach2999
conscientiousPeach2999 May 14th, 2021

I wouldn’t necessarily call this a leap of faith but recently I jumped off a swing at the park out of courageousness and being adventurous at the time but then I fell and hit my butt smh 😂

2 replies
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch June 21st, 2021

@conscientiousPeach2999
I mean technically it was a leap...albeit a leap off of a swing... :P But I do hope you didn't get hurt too badly! I get that thrill and rush from jumping off of a swing; I haven't done that since I was a kid. Kudos to you for doing it, though! Thanks for sharing. :)

1 reply
User Profile: conscientiousPeach2999
conscientiousPeach2999 June 21st, 2021

I hurt my hip bone but luckily was fine after a day or so :) the safety hazard is definitely not like how it was when you’re young haha 😂

load more
load more
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch June 21st, 2021

@CheeryMango
Hoo boy. That would be the time when I chose to trust my closest guy friend when he told me that he was coming over to my abusive family's house to extract me that night. I trusted him when he told me to make sure my bag was packed. I trusted him when he told me to unlock the front door in case something went wrong and I couldn't get out, so that way he could get in. I trusted him when he told me when to act casual and when to go for it. I trusted him when, as I stood inside just at the front door, I hesitated and thought over my choices: lock the door again and tell him to go back home, or open the door and dive into his awaiting car. I trusted him when I decided to open the door and leave with him. I trusted him to take me away from my family and bring me to a better place.

Months later, I am glad that I trusted him. heart

1 reply
User Profile: conscientiousPeach2999
conscientiousPeach2999 June 21st, 2021

🙏🏽

load more
User Profile: dukeofdearham
dukeofdearham June 21st, 2021

I went for a beautiful lady in 2013.

We first met in 2011, she (from the US) was doing a concert in Europe (I'm from Europe) and staying a few days at a spiritual center. I was let go by my previous employer, with a golden handshake. Something lingered, was born. We met again in 2013. She flirted during dinner, I guess that was pretty obvious for all dinner guest (8-9 people). She didn't need to. I already had taken a leap of faith, as there was no reason to not do so, and all reason to d0 so.

Things turned sour a few years later (no one to blame, lots of bad luck, too much), and are on an absolute low right now. Our relationship will never be the same, if ever there will be any. What the leap of faith was based on, is still there.

If you would ask me, "looking back, would you take that leap of faith again", I wouldn't have to think on an answer.