Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Choosing to stay out of the middle between two friends who are fighting

User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 January 19th, 2022

Hey all,

So in the past couple weeks, I've had a bit of a reminder in my own life that when two people who aren't getting along try to put you in a position of mediation, that it's really not worth it for your mental health.

I do realize that my personality is thankfully naturally disarming, but at the same time, I've again realized that it's not place or position to be the personified bridge between two people who are both being immature in their own ways.

And it's challenging because I do care for both parties. But at the end of the day, I have to take care of me and make sure that I am not being drained.

Have any of you found yourself in a similar situation between two (or more) friends?

2
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 January 21st, 2022

@sereneSunset26 I personally would give them space to figure things out.

1 reply
User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 OP January 24th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did.

The situation has pretty much resolved itself, as they both have decided to be mutually cordial, but not so much be friends. And as for me, I told them that I still plan to associate with them both, but that I absolutely will not be pulled into the middle or used as a go-between. 😅

load more