Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My boyfriend in sexually unattracted to me but loves me im so confused

User Profile: mandakay0916
mandakay0916 February 20th, 2021

The last 3 years my boyfriend and I have had a slow decline in sex. Last year it was 3 times. Recently I caught him pleasing himself and its not a problem but I'm not satisfied. He has been doing it once in awhile to get off because he can't get off hardly at all with me. Normally cant keep it up or in mood. He told me recently he's not attracted to me and he's always been into younger women. Mind you I got no explanation of the unattraction or young women thing. He made a life with me because he loves me and doesn't base our relationship off sex because when he was younger thata all it was about but he wants to spend his life eith me because realistically he could leave any time and have what he has now without a woman. He's cut back on his "activities like smoking and drinking.to help" which I has a suppose bc we have had sex 3 times already this year. But the 1st time I was satisfied 2nd time he got off by mouth & 3rd neither of us got satisfied. He's stated also that sex is not a priority for him but he's been trying to please me and even said he would talk to a doctor about the blue pill .bc I want sex . But now with what I know I don't want forced sex. I'm not with him for sex either even tho are first few years were great. I base relationships off other things because not everyone csn have sex at age 70. But he's 42 and I'm 31 and with his answers and comments being so vague and me just wanting some connection when we do have sex I'm confused at how to take this. I'm also only wanting like satisfaction like 1 to 3 times a month.

2
User Profile: Heartofgold07092019
Heartofgold07092019 February 20th, 2021

Honey, I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 29 but I get sex like maybe once a month and been told that it's either bc he's tired, back hurt or not mental attracted to me. But idk I don't really care about the sex either. But I wanna get satisfied once in awhile you know but. I also don't know that much about life Since i haven't really lived yet.

User Profile: CatCommander
CatCommander February 20th, 2021

Both people in a relationship deserve to have their needs met. If yours aren't being met (and it definitely sounds like that is the case) it warrants an open and honest conversation with your partner. Having a bond is important, but so is having your needs fulfilled. Likewise for your partner. Having that talk, in which you can both listen and share without blame or judgement, can help you both find out if that can be achieved together. That involves setting real expections and goals to work towards, and building a closer bond together. Or re-evaluating what your partnership looks like if those goals can't be met by/with each other.. But nobody should be in a relationship that makes them feel deprived. I hope he is a good listener who is willing and able to find ways to meet those needs with you! Even if he is biologically unable, if he has the desire to be intimate with you, there are p l e n t y of other ways to be show up to the table, if he is comfortable with them (and not everyone is, which is something to respect.)