Partner - Am I expecting too much - forgets to contact me but when I am with him always replied random people even late at night
My partner is overall becoming more affectionate and caring and opening up about his feelings. However the one thing that remains a concern is that he often forgets to text me back or call me back and since I work away during the week I feel this is important. It had improved a little and then recently he forgot to call me back at all. But when I am with him he generally has is phone on him and oftern replies to others straight away or at the very least he replies to them at the end of the day, sometimes he has phone conversations going until 10pm when we are in bed. Yesterday I got annoyed of this and asked who was texting him so late, and he completely ignored the question. I left it at that and just said Im trying to go to sleep as I didnt want to start an argument. But now I am worried about why he didnt reply and if he is hiding something. Further to this today he was meant to let me know when he landed safely after a flight and its four hours after arrival time of a domestic flight and I still havent heard from him. He has been so affectionate and loving in other ways when I am around but its like when Im not around he forgets all about me. I know this is partially my problems as I am thinking the worst and feeling sick about it and have struggled to concentrate half of the day. But I just dont understand why worse he would ignore me. He also seems to all the fun things with his friends and my and his relationship is more everyday / lots of dinners etc. I wonder now if he gets more enjoyment talking to other people. He talks about organising things in the future with me too. So it just makes no sense why he is acting like this. Mind wont stop and my usual meditation techniques are not working that well.
@quickwittedPine6619
Hi
I have been through (and still go.through occasionally ) this with my partner. Like tonight we normally chat til one of us needs to sleep and we always say night but tonight nothing-he's read my messages and ignored me. I've found that talking and reminding about time together being important and saying that you feel it will do your relationship a lot of good. Also I have suggested and it is adhered to when we go to bed our phones are not to be looked at unless for setting an alarm or important calls ie family. Your time should be your time together. Never feel like you should never talk about how you are feeling. I do think that sometimes it isn't done to be rude or funny with us its because often they are alone and a period of readjustment to being with you perhaps is needed. If you begin to wonder who he is messaging etc you are going to dig another hole. Best thing to do is talk. Get it all out and see if he even knows he's doing it- chances are he doesn't.
@quickwittedPine6619
im kind of in a relationship like this as well... however i made the assumption he was talking to other girls, and i confirmed it by going through it. i wish i never did. i always have a sick feeling when we are not together or if he doesnt text back.