We used to be friends, but then I fell in love.
Hello people,
So, I have this situation. I met a guy 7 years ago. We always got on well. Sometimes we had turbulent discussions about our music knowledge (both big music freaks), that was our main topic I would say. Anyway, we always had periods when we simply wouldn't see or hear from each other. The longest we didn't have any contact was for about two years. I don't know why.. We reconnected last spring at a concert and picked up right where we left. When we said goodbye, I realised I didn't have his number, he is nowhere to be found on social media, but he found me. He found my mom's number and asked her for mine. So we started going out. As friends! Naturally, I developed feelings. This is where the "fun part" begins. I told him about it in November. He hot panicky and said that he doesn't see me that way and that we should stop seeing each other. And I respected the decision. Three months later I received a text from him, saying: I'm an idiot.
We met the same day and he said that he gradually realised how stupid his decision was, that I was one of the better things in his life, he called me his "gold" and basically he wanted to move toward something more serious. Two weeks later I came to his appartament and he said to me that he rushed into everything and that he is sorry..
You can imagine the confusion mixed with sadness, fury, dissapointment. I don't know what to tell you. And STILL there is a part of me wanting to talk to him.
?
Hi @Adra27, that sounds truly confusing and perhaps it is nothing more than what we call as the battle between head and heart. Since you've been good friends and you know how he his, maybe there is way to figure out a little more clearly as to what both of you want, esp him.