What would you do in this situation?
I'm a guy and been dating a guy (not outed) for about two months now. He asked me to be his boyfriend in our first meeting and I agreed to that. At first everything was fine and I could feel he really does love me. After few weeks he talk about our relationship with his friends and his therapist who said that it was a mistake and it was too early for us to start a serious relationship because we don't know each other well enough. After that he changed the way he interact and communicate with me. Like no more saying love or say anything to make me feel special. Our situation is that we are living far from each other and that he is still looking for a job. He feared that if he didn't get a job closer to my place the relationship wouldn't work out. I also can't move anywhere else for the next 2 years because of my job. But after that I would move if he does get a job somewhere faraway. I told him this but he is staying "realistic" and the last time we met he asked me to agree to think of this relationship as still to be dating not a serious relationship (like suggested from therapist). I didn't give him an answer yet. My "problem" is that we agreed to be in a relationship and everything seemed to be fine but then he completely changed after talking to someone else for their opinions. For me a relationship is between two people first and I'm a hurt that he acted and changed before he even talked to me about his fear on this. I'm already in love with him and this I can't undo even if I really want to. Also I don't want to talk to other guys and for now I can't like or love someone else. I don't want to try either. Before I decide to date and love him I thought it through already also because he had not come out. So for long I will not have much part in his social life. And I did decide to gave up on that. I decided to love him. Now he asked me to "downgrade" this relationship? Should I agree? I think I will because it may make him feel better. I would get hurt anyway no matter what my decision is. Of course I know he does mean well to do this decision. He is afraid we if it didn't work out we both will be hurt a lot more if the relationship is official and serious. So he want to downgrade this to "dating" until he find a job. But I already love him so for me no matter if we think this as a relationship or dating I would be hurt the same if it doesn't work out. I'm just afraid he would change his attitude even further if I agree. What would you do? Would you agree?
It doesn't sound to me like his feeling are the same as yours. I'm sorry to say this, I know it sucks to hear. I was in a similar situation (i.e. in love with someone who did not love me) and I let it go on for years. They were years of grief and pain I will never get back and that are currently affecting my relationship with a man who actually deserves me. So my advice is be upfront with this person. As hard as it is, tell him how you feel and what you want from the relationship. And if they don't feel the same, don't drag it out.