Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have a boyfriend but I don

User Profile: Jesustakethewheel2020
Jesustakethewheel2020 September 24th, 2020

Long story short, I've been dealing with depression and severe anxiety for a few years now. My parents are not very sensitive so they would put off these "teenage problems" as "fake" or "drama."

I've been in love with the same guy since 8th grade. We're seniors now. He was my first and only real love.

Problem is, I have a boyfriend and the guy I'm in love with feels nothing towards me.

I got out of a very toxic and abusive relationship with an ex-best friend (now ex-boyfriend) in January. By February, I had reunited with my first love. We were taking things slow- no labels or anything. Neither of us were/are in the place for a real relationship right now, but I'm still deeply in love with him. It's something I've never felt for anyone else before.

He got into some bad stuff and I got him in trouble because I was legitimately concerned about his safety. He responded by telling me he regrets ever having anything to do with me, I'm not attractive, and he could never love someone like me.

I don't know if he really meant that. We've stayed friends, but we don't hang out or anything anymore.

Afterwards, I stupidly rushed into another relationship. To my boyfriend, I am the same as the I am in love with. My boyfriend is very emotionally and mentally dependent. He depends on me even for every day tasks. I'm very dependent and strong willed. I feel suffocated and trapped in this relationship.

But the guy I really love will never feel the same.

Advice?

3
User Profile: Bluewolf320
Bluewolf320 September 24th, 2020

@Jesustakethewheel2020

It's never easy to be in that situation. I did the exact same thing my senior year. Honestly, the guy you're with now, break up with him. It won't get better and you deserve better. You don't need him dragging you down. You need to be able to breathe again. You need to get your feet under you again. Take this time to realize how amazing you are and that you need time to focus on you. As for the other guy, he took out his issues on you. You don't deserve that either. You did the right thing because you care, but he can't see it that way.

The choice is ultimately up to you, and you'll grow either way, but you're too amazing to keep drowning.