Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My lifelong friend just used me and betrayed me

User Profile: Brecken88
Brecken88 March 5th, 2023

My lifelong best friend just did something unthinkable to me and now him along with all my other friends, who are with him, left me.


This all started back a year ago when he joined our high school hockey team. They are a bad group of friends who endorse drinking, drugs, parties, sex, all the bad things in high school. I have always been against stuff like that, because of some past family problems with it all, and he knows that. So I told him that I can’t stop him from choosing to go down that darn path but please keep it all away from me. And over the past year he has changed, he started becoming mean, aggressive, just unthoughtful in everything he did. I didn’t want to accept the fact that my absolute best friend was turning into the something so bad.


That leads to present day. I’m currently trying to pursue a girl that I have liked and has been apart of my life for the past 6 years. It has proven to be a really tough uphill battle for me though because she has hooked up with one of my friends teammates and kind of treated me like a safety option cause she knows I will always be there and willing to give my all for her. Anyways during the two months I have been pursuing her my friend has been my support and has reassured me all the way. And I would expect nothing less from the person I have shared my entire life with. But then I found out that he had been flirting with her and making weird sexual comments and being really touchy with her. Then I found out he kissed her, in my house, against her wanting. This spiraled the situation out of control as he became very aggressive with both me and her and said some really horrible things to us. He was high when he did it and that moment was the moment that his bad influence has come into my life, something he promised would never happen. He made my already difficult situation worse and used and manipulated me to get at his own sexual desires, cause that seems to be all he cares about in girls.


So after that my day to day life has fallen apart. My friend has completely replaced me with his new horrible influence hockey team. And this is shocking because it is something that even crossed my mind. He was my ride or die in life and he used me and stepped all over me. He used my fears about the situation against me and then when it was over attacked me as a person and her. He said some really degrading things and said a was a burden in his life and that when she leaves me I will have absolutely no one left. And a part of me is scared that will happen. I’ve given everything for her and I’m scared that even that isn’t enough. I have doubts that she will also leave me. But I don’t want to be some hookup I want a real meaningful relationship to cure years of loneliness.


Final thoughts, I have always been there for my friend. I listened and helped him through tough times. I put in so much work to be the best friend I could possibly be. And this is how he responds. The incident happened on Valentine’s Day and that night I wrote him a card thanking him for being the best friend possible. Shows you how clueless I was about what he was doing behind my back. The bad influence of the path he chose took over and it ruined my social life so yeah thats that. If you made it this far thank you for reading, I appreciate you!


4
User Profile: miakitten9123
miakitten9123 March 8th, 2023

@Brecken88 Hey there, I am so sorry that this happened to you. It takes a lot of courage to share your story and I appreciate you being so open about your feelings. Know that you did not derive that, nobody does and that cannot have this person ruin your life by remembering your self worth and threatening yourself with love. It may be helpful to seek out a support system, whether it be a therapist, a trusted family member, or a support group. Talking through your feelings and experiences with someone who can listen and offer guidance can make a big difference in your healing process.Keep pushing forward and taking steps towards healing, and know that you have the strength to get through this difficult time.

User Profile: Brecken88
Brecken88 OP March 9th, 2023

Thank you so much. Messages like this make such a big difference when everything is going wrong. It’s nice to know that there is good. Made my week! Thanks again:)

load more
User Profile: Katsuddon
Katsuddon March 8th, 2023

I’m sorry that this happened to you. I hope that you’re doing better now and have found a friend that you trust and can talk to. You’ve gone through so much and deserve some rest.

User Profile: Brecken88
Brecken88 OP March 9th, 2023

Thank you so much:) looks like it’ll be awhile until I get any true security or closure about this. The wait it’s hard but kind words like this make it better! Thanks again

load more