Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Imposter

User Profile: MishmashMaru
MishmashMaru October 2nd

I feel like an imposter sometimes. I am not sociable much, but there are other times I am socializing.

This one is kinda personal. I don't have much confidence in my appearance and how I talk. But when im with my classmates I talk to them a lot. Some even said that I act like im confident about myself.

That's just the few stuff they tell me but now Idk, I'm second guessing myself. I mean, what if my problems isn't as big as I think it is and I'm just dramatic?? Idk man this confusing

2
User Profile: Voodvins
Voodvins October 2nd

@MishmashMaru

You’re definitely underestimating yourself. Many people think that confidence has to be constant, like in movies or on ***. But that’s not true. You can be confident and still feel incompetent at times. Once you get more validation, your brain will find it easier to handle those kinds of situations. But if people are already telling you that you’re confident, then maybe it’s true. You need to work on reinforcing that. But to figure it out, think about this: why do you consider yourself insecure? Is it because you’re comparing yourself to others? Because you don’t fit some ideal image? Or simply because you haven’t fully found yourself yet?

User Profile: MishmashMaru
MishmashMaru OP October 2nd

I haven't really thought that maybe i'm trying to fit myself into this ideal mold. I guess now that I think about it, I don't usually get compliments back then about my looks or my confidence. I only started getting them these last 2 years. And I'll admit I kinda envy people who have those traits. So I guess maybe that's why I feel like an imposter

load more