Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If my physical therapist sees my self harm wounds/scars, will they tell my parents?

User Profile: tomatocultivation
tomatocultivation August 8th, 2023

I’m visiting a physical therapist tomorrow for my posture. If they somehow see my self harm wounds and scars, will they report them to my parents? I’m really scared. I’m not sure if they’ll see the wounds/scars but if they do I’m screwed because their all over my thighs, hips, and forearms.

3
User Profile: justjack2001
justjack2001 August 8th, 2023

@tomatocultivation

I'm not a legal expert, but in many cases, healthcare professionals prioritize patient confidentiality and may not report self-harm scars to your parents without your consent. However, laws and policies can vary depending on your location and age. If you're concerned, you could discuss your worries with the physical therapist and inquire about their confidentiality policies during your appointment. If you're in immediate danger or need someone to talk to, consider reaching out to a mental health professional or a helpline.

User Profile: Sam147258
Sam147258 August 8th, 2023

@tomatocultivation

Hi, i am a bit late. How did it go?

In my experience they will ask about it and encurage you to tell an adult. If they think you are in danger at that moment, then they are allowed to tell your parents. There are no strict rules about this most of the time, so it depends on the situation, the person, the moment...

I hope it went well

User Profile: tomatocultivation
tomatocultivation OP August 9th, 2023

@Sam147258

I just made up an excuse for the cuts lol. Now I have to worry about trying to heal my cuts before the next appointment 👍👍👍

load more