Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cant seem to find my way home

User Profile: geometric737
geometric737 August 14th, 2025

PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF THIS IS NOT HELPING

I’ve done everything I was told would help. I followed the rules, stayed patient, stayed alert. I walked away from people and places I once loved because I knew they could pull me back into the dark. I turned my head when temptation called. I said “no” more times than I can count.

There were moments when I was pulled toward relapse, moments when it felt like something was dragging me back. But I didn’t give in. I fought. And I’m still fighting.

The truth is, recovery is exhausting. It’s not just about staying clean. it’s about rebuilding yourself every single day. It’s waking up with the weight of yesterday’s choices and tomorrow’s fears, and still finding a reason to get up. It’s knowing the price of giving in, and carrying that knowledge like a heavy stone in your pocket.

Some days, I just want to feel at peace in my own skin again. I want to feel “home” not as a place I have to reach, but as something I carry inside me. Right now, it still feels far away.

It’s a lonely fight. Most people can’t truly understand, and many don’t want to. That’s why we learn to keep it to ourselves. But silence is heavy, and it makes the road feel even longer.

Still, I keep walking. I keep holding on. Because I know that every day I stay on this path, I’m one step closer to finding that home I’ve been searching for all along.

But I can’t help wondering—

is there ever a home for a troubled soul?

1
User Profile: Voodvins
Voodvins August 15th, 2025

@geometric737

Your story is really sad and I'm sorry you had to go through such things. But you're going in the right direction. It's hard to bring your soul back to its previous state if it's been hurt so many times, but it's still possible. I don't know if you have relatives or loved ones around you, but even if you don't, you're strong. You can be whoever you want and you're already much better than you were before. Hold on and don't give up, it's a difficult but right path. Good luck!