Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS May 15th, 2025

image_1747309838.png

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

Living with mental health challenges sadly often means dealing with misconceptions or feeling misunderstood.

If you could tell others just one thing about your experience, what would it be?

Maybe it’s something people get wrong.
Maybe it’s something they never ask.
Maybe it’s what you wish someone had said to you or perhaps something else!

Please share below if you feel comfortable to do so. I look forward to reading your contributions and discussing such an important topic. 🌻

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
190
User Profile: StunningAndSad
StunningAndSad June 27th, 2025

I wish people such as certain friends understood me instead of misjudging and misunderstanding my pain and depression as ill intent or “playing the victim or pity me “ attitude . I have lost both my parents, a friend to suicide , a friend now has cancer, and I have a lump in one my *** now too .i feel very misunderstood and misjudged as self centered and a lot of other incorrect traumatizing words when actually im just sad at times and it comes across as the wrong impression . I love my friends and that’s all i have left in my city as my family has died . I think that’s why it hurts so much .

User Profile: Swordpsalm
Swordpsalm June 28th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Just because I have a medical condition doesn't mean I can't function in a job if I have adequate supports and accommodations.

I also deserve to get paid as much as someone who doesn't have any medical setbacks.

I am a child of God/Yahweh.

~Sword

User Profile: lovesunflower3
lovesunflower3 June 28th, 2025

I wish people knew that I’m trying, even on the days when it looks like I’m not. That behind my smiles and jokes, there are silent battles I’m facing. I wish they’d understand that my mental health doesn’t always show on the outside, but it affects how I feel, how I think, and how I cope. I don’t need to be fixed—I just need understanding, patience, and genuine support.

User Profile: SonoranRain
SonoranRain June 28th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS I would tell them to please not judge me cruelly - because sometimes my ADHD makes me repeat certain words or mispronounce them. I don't care if they understand, I just don't want them to bully me over not understanding me.

User Profile: gentleTortoise1333
gentleTortoise1333 June 28th, 2025

I wish others could know the way I'm struggling and cling on new relationship or fantasy come from my abandonment wound. I long for love and care that I couldn't give it to myself yet. Even tho it's not their responsibility to deal. I wish they know I don't mean to attach, chase or control when they don't want me

User Profile: eternalHero77
eternalHero77 June 29th, 2025

I’ve come a long way from where I once was. With determination, hard work, positive support system healing can take place.

User Profile: starryCandy6123
starryCandy6123 June 29th, 2025

We all live with, a false face, to

Hide the true me

User Profile: Mishka1599
Mishka1599 June 29th, 2025

I never have anyone to talk about what is going on in my life and it hurts. For once, I would like someone to ask me how I’m doing and what’s going on just like I ask others. I truly don’t mind talking to other people about their life, but once in a while, it would be nice.

User Profile: unassumingEast7086
unassumingEast7086 June 29th, 2025

I wish people would understand that it’s not just a temporary feeling, depression and anxiety can linger for years. Additionally, I wish people would not go into crisis mode when you express your feelings about what’s going on internally or not just completely dismiss you when you try to get help because it’s not something that they can see like a broken bone.

User Profile: unassumingBirch7122
unassumingBirch7122 June 29th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

I wish people knew that a high level of competence is my coping mechanism. I wish they knew that when I share I'm struggling, that's the highest level of vulnerability, and when they "encourage me" with all of the positive things they see in me, it just tells me that's the only version of me they value. I wish they knew that rejecting the version of me that is struggling with failure is the opposite of unconditional love and friendship. When I feel like I can't share all of me, I feel isolated and lonely. 

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP July 3rd, 2025

@unassumingBirch7122

Hi there :) Thank you for sharing this, it’s so powerful and deeply human.

It makes complete sense that high competence can become armour, especially in a world that so often rewards performance over presence. What you’re describing isn’t just vulnerability, it’s courage. Letting people see the parts of you that feel like they’re “failing” in whatever way we want to phrase this takes incredible strength.

I hear you: being met with only praise when you're in pain can feel like a dismissal, not comfort. You're not asking to be reminded of your strengths, you’re asking to be accepted in your more challenging times too. And you deserve that. We all do.

You are not just the parts of you that achieve, lead, or shine. The struggling, uncertain, and hurting parts of you are just as worthy of love, care, and belonging.

You’re not alone. I’m really grateful you chose to share this. Keep sharing and take care. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more