Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Child abuse- been abused my whole life , I’m finally in a happy home with my aunt

User Profile: sensitiveOwl14
sensitiveOwl14 January 8th, 2023

But I still don’t feel safe. I feel broken, and I still feel the need to take care of my little sisters (11. Almost 12 and 8 ) . I get scared so easily and I have anger issues. I feel like a mess up and there’s 2 adult men, my adoptive older brother and my uncle/adoptive dad . I smile and laugh but I don’t feel happy. I have body flashbacks of dad touching me and flashbacks of being beaten , I hide when mom or dad do heavy walking, and I’m scared dad will find us and kidnap us, so he can touch us more

1
User Profile: blitheSun94
blitheSun94 January 11th, 2023

@sensitiveOwl14

I can relate to this.

It sounds like you're deep within a phase of survival mode. Fight, flight, fawn, and freeze are common trauma responses that we all experience at some point. Do you have access to a mental health professional who can you help you process these feelings safely before you reach a crisis point?

Thank you for sharing your story.