Having to live by the principle "anything you say, can and will be used against you."
When I still used to live with my covert narcissistic mother I remember clearly how I had to filter my information, how I had to learn not to share anything too personal and/or confidential lest it was going to be an opportunity for her to weaponize it.
I had to live by the principle of "anything you say, can, and will be used against you." to the point where I barely spoke/shared in order not to get hurt.
Has anyone else experienced something similar?
@OceanSoughs
I have not gone through that though I cab understand feeling like you can't talk about yourself to someone you care for, so I can imagine how hard that must be for you. To not be able to talk about your problems or feelings because it might be used against you must be really hard to deal with. You are definitely not the only one who must go through this, and you are really strong to be dealing with it. I know it's not the same, but you can talk about it with a listener on here, our pms and the group chats are always open (:
❤ Smiles
@OceanSoughs
I'm sorry you are feeling unable to practically say or do anything, for knowing how it will come back and be "potentially" used against you, but more probably always used against you. It is hard to live this way for sure. It is harder when you are also younger, as you are, and it involves your parent. This leaves you without anyone to trust, depend on, no one to go to, no one to be able to discuss anything with, always having to know to make sure to hide so much for you know what will happen to you if things or details are found out and are usually taken the wrong way, often misunderstood, blown out of proportion, you get hated and never approved of for most everything, and so forth. I do hope that you are not being physically abused also. I know how bad that feels when it also goes on growing up with this.
But from all this, I know you can't turn to them in the ways you need to in for so much and I'm sorry. I so know how this feels. I hope you can find another responsible person in your life that you can turn to, who can help guide you, who is responsible, who you can trust to have good judgements, and you can just rely on in many ways. Just check out who you choose to depend on. I know you need someone and how this is important this is for you.
It is really good to learn how be more self-reliant in a lot of ways. You can use this bad situation to your advantage in this. You can begin to work on learning good ways and methods on solving things for yourself, thinking things through in your head step by step logically, going through the possibilities of each scenario for certain situations and things you want to decide or choose. These are good things you can gain from this difficult time. Bad things are always going to be happening to all of us throughout life. But we can hopefully all, each learn and find good, helpful and hopeful things we can gain, get, find, attain, learn, .....all that come out from each thing and all of it in general. The good we gain from all the bad things will just grow and grow, if we choose this for ourselves.