abuse as a child and adult
My father and my 2 brothers used to physically and verbally abuse me as a child. My mother left when I was 11 and she too used to hit me. I then ended up in an abusive relationship with a man for 7 years. Due to financial difficulties we moved into my father's old home. My older brother shortly moved back in as well. During this time, my father told me i was probably at fault to deserve the hurt my partner gave me. My father used to beat my mother. My partner and I have since split. Recently, I confronted my older brother for forcing himself on me sexually when we were children and for beating me senseless. He used every expletive he could and told me it was my fault, that I intiated it. He then turned around by saying sorry and he was ashamed. Then he took it back and told me that it was my doing and nobody would ever believe my story. He said i deserved every beating. I told him to stay away from me and to never come near me and my 5 year old son. I fear that he may physically retaliate and harm me once more. I'd like to make a clean start for me and my child. I'd like to end this pattern of abuse I've made out of my life but I'm not sure where to even begin.