Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

This is my first time reaching out for help

User Profile: placidBunny3861
placidBunny3861 1 day ago

I experienced emotional abuse when I was a child and teenager.

When I was 15, I went through a major mental health crisis because my parents were emotionally abusive my whole life. They were manipulative and messed with my mind.

I tried to reach out to friends for help secretly, but when they found out they cut me off from everyone and made me tell them what they wanted me to say while they watched. They made me write a letter saying that I made everything up

For my safety I made myself believe that i really did make it up. It's been years

I had not thought about what happened in years but I got engaged and married and moved out this year, and things got bad again with them. I get nightmares of them yelling at me. I cried for hours alone on my wedding day because my dad yelled at me for an hour over what place we were thinking about getting our pictures taken.

I've just had this awakening and my mental health was seriously tanking. I was scared to have a crisis again, and I knew I needed help

I'm seeking therapy and trying to reach out to friends. Reassurance and encouragement is very helpful when my sense of reality is warped

I kind of just wanted to introduce myself to the community and say hey... i'm just trying to get some help and support. I've never been able to have access to these resources before

1
User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree 18 hours ago

@placidBunny3861


Thank you for being so brave and sharing with us!🌟🌟

I'm sorry you suffered so long, it must've been a very hard road to travel..

But you did it and your ready to live your own life with your own rules.

We welcome you with open arms here.. We have listeners also to talk to about your struggle 

Good luck 🌲