Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bad memories/symptoms flood in when stressed and dealing with coronavirus in NYC

User Profile: Sensitivespiral1181210
Sensitivespiral1181210 March 24th, 2020

I have OCD with germs, checking etc. for years. Anxiety and panic disorder. I'm having agoraphobia right now. I have a good job in a Fortune 500 company that I am ruining right now because of my mental illness. It is usually manageable but with all the stress and coronavirus here in nyc. The symptoms are coming back so strong. I'm afraid to do anything, I can't do anything without freaking out. I can't work right now and I don't know if I should take a short term leave because my boss is probably not too happy with how I've been lately. But I can't even do normal days things. I'm taking medicine prescribed by my psychiatrist. It's like everything is crashing down all at once and I've also had so many big life changes in the past 2 months leading up to the coronavirus outbreak.

1
User Profile: sensibleStrawberries9877
sensibleStrawberries9877 March 24th, 2020

@Sensitivespiral1181210 please don't medicalise every single thing about yourself

You're ok!