Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have this friend and shes so sweet but I am afraid of not being good enough for her..

User Profile: Alwayshungry983
Alwayshungry983 July 5th, 2020

I currently have this friend that lives in a different state than me but we met at a camp. I wanted to talk about her here because I'm not complaining at all but I've never experienced someone quite like her :). it almost seems too good to be true and Idk why. ((to hide her identity ima call her holly)) So at this camp holly was part of my group and at the end of each day at the camp, we would open up about our life experiences and during one of these times I opened up about my abusive childhood (I even started crying and felt embarrassed) and everyone was very supportive. Later I went back to this camp room and Holly looked and me and said "I adore you" and I couldn't believe I heard that from someone.... it was a sweetness I've never felt before. She even comforted me at the camp when I cried at one of the life experiences events. Once when we were dancing she said she loves me and even to this day we text back and forth and she seems like she really cares for me and I do too for her and I'm starting to really love her a lot (not in a romantic way). The thing is I'm afraid of getting attached or if its all too good to be true. she says "I love you" all the time to me and I say it back but sometimes I'm afraid I'm being too clingy when I say "I love you" to someone. I just get so scared of opening up and fear of abandonment. I'm just really scared of being too clingy or losing people that make me happy.. i mean I can also make myself happy but losing people isn't a great feeling...

1
User Profile: SnailPurple
SnailPurple July 8th, 2020

@Alwayshungry983

It sounds like your friend means a lot to you. I can see why, she seems really sweet and kind :) There are other ways of showing someone how much they mean to you besides saying "I love you". How would you feel about brainstorming other ways to show her? If you want to (no pressure though!), then feel free to message me :) I am not taking any chats this week, but I would be more than happy to chat with you next week <3