Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Physcial/Emotional/Mental Abuse

User Profile: TurtleFriend
TurtleFriend September 25th, 2015

Hi everyone, Im new to this site and Im not sure if Im doing this right. I have PTSD and am feeling confused and alone. I suffered through abuse for 6 years of my life, from people that claimed they were my friends. I was told I was wrong, disgusting, messed up in the head, all that stuff. Ive been beaten, bruised, and abandoned. I have flashbacks which make me very anxious and make the world around me seem unreal. I remain hopeful for my future, even though my past haunts me every day, more so now it seems.

5
User Profile: SilverWaterfall
SilverWaterfall September 25th, 2015

Hello toughPerson845, I'm so sorry that you went through that! *hugs* If you ever want to talk about it, feel free to talk to a listener :)

September 25th, 2015

Ya sorry u got ptsd.

Hope you can find some help with triggers etc.

Then life goes smoother.

There is often free womens counselling at womens places and stuff. Like abuse places. You could phone and ask.

User Profile: glowingpeace18339
glowingpeace18339 October 7th, 2015

Hello TurtleFriend,

That sounds so hard to go through. Physical and emotional abuse are so hard, and you're so brave for being willing to talk about it. You're a strong person, and I'm glad you can have hope in your future. :)

User Profile: FadedHeart23
FadedHeart23 October 8th, 2015

I understand how it feels. I got that from my mother for 8 years of my life and now the memories are coming and I feel the pain I did then. I feel like I'm going insane.

User Profile: layla89
layla89 December 29th, 2015

Hi i understand what your going through, I remember when my trauma was going around my head from the moment i woke up till i went to bed. It dose get easier, i had EMDR therapy which was really helpful