Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

When your mother tries to kill you

User Profile: SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES
SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES June 22nd, 2017

1972 was not a kind year to me. I was partially grabbed off the street by a pedophile who had me halfway in the car, but my survivial instincts kicked in and I fought him like a tiger and he released my wrists and I fell tumbling backwards into the street . ( he was pulling me thru the driver's window and had me waist high in ).

That same year my not so stable and very broken mother decided for whatever tiny offense I may have committed that I should be killed for it. She took a pair of scissors and held them near my eye in a plunging position and as scary as that was, what stuck with me more over all these decades were her words ' I would kill you but you are not worth going to jail for '.

With all the screaming, yelling, cursing, beatings, etc, not a solitary person, not even the landlord downstairs who must have heard my body crash to the floor dozens of times ever called the cops or child welfare, which ironically I found myself in 1995 as a caseworker in their adoption and foster care division.

3
User Profile: AnnaKateMillerLCSW
AnnaKateMillerLCSW June 22nd, 2017

I'm glad you shared your story and I can imagine it was hard just to write it out. I hope you've found safety now and sounds like you as a caseworked you are helping others. We can't change our past but we might help change anothers. I'm sorry you had to go through this and no one came to your rescure. I hope you keeping talking and reach out to a therapist or here to get the support you need.

User Profile: wontwakewontsleep
wontwakewontsleep June 23rd, 2017

Thank you for sharing this.

User Profile: straightforwardSkies7721
straightforwardSkies7721 November 24th, 2023

It is interesting that those of us who have been hurt and have trauma end up in a position helping others. ❤️


You have a survival story to share. You are brave... you are string!