Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is the movie with the biggest plot twist?

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 February 19th, 2022

Movies are filled with various plot twists.

Especially movies belonging to the 'mystery' genre.

It keeps things interesting and keeps the audience beguiled.

What was the most jaw-dropping plot twist you've ever seen in a movie? Which movie was it?

12
User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 February 19th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

I know I'm fairly on the young side and I didn't get to experience this in person but I imagine the first time the Empire's Strikes Back Star Wars came out, I'd imagine the shock and horror audiences had seeing that Darth Vader was Luke's father. I know for me even when I knew that watching the movie, it still gave me goosebumps and all sorts of emotions.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP February 24th, 2022

@sunnyWriting4806 I'm quite ashamed to say I've never watched star wars but toy story spoiled that plot twist for me lmao.

load more
User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 February 19th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

For me, one of the most surprising plot twists was in a movie called Predestination (I did not know how the movie was called when I started watching it). The movie began with a man telling his life story to the bartender. He revealed that he was born as a girl but had to have surgery when his baby was born. *Spoiler* What was the most shocking is that it was based on a paradoxical time loop and basically all characters in the movie were the same person at different time points. It was really mind-blowing.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP February 24th, 2022

@globalBraid3744 Oh wow. That sounds so interesting! Was the movie good? Did u like it?

User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 February 26th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

Yes, I really liked it so much. Since then I already watched it again with my sis.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP February 26th, 2022

@globalBraid3744 The movies that can be re-watched are the best ones!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: versatileCurrent7439
versatileCurrent7439 February 23rd, 2022

I guess gone girl or there is another telugu film I've watched recently called Evaru, there's an other Hindi film Andhadhun too

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP February 24th, 2022

@versatileCurrent7439 Nice! I've heard of gone girl, have to try out the others. Which one is your favorite?

load more
User Profile: Eudaimonia99
Eudaimonia99 February 26th, 2022

@comfortableNight4463

The Invisible Guest. This is a Thriller/Mystery movie from Spain. I was totally shocked at the last minute when they showed the twist. I love Thriller/Mystery movies so I watch lots of them. This is one of the best.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP February 26th, 2022

@Eudaimonia99 Thanks for the recommendation! Have to check that one out!

load more
User Profile: Velvetrosebud
Velvetrosebud August 25th, 2022

There's a mini series called Sharp Objects based on a novel with the same name by Gillian Flynn

The pace of this series is quite slow but the plot twist at the end is insane ...

User Profile: Velvetrosebud
Velvetrosebud August 25th, 2022

Note that this Novel/Series might be triggering for some people struggling with self harm and some other issues.

load more