Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friendship? Then the friendship ended, and I got no idea why.

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 September 26th, 2024

I try to keep any friendship that gets started going. However that has never been easy for me. Typically the friendship dies in good time. I never completely understand why because whatever is going on, is inside of the other person. My best guess is that there is something about me that rubbed that other person the wrong way. Since I didn't do it on purpose, I got no idea...

29
User Profile: DK9517
DK9517 October 10th, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 I can relate to and understand how you are feeling. Relationships are never easy to navigate and build, but it is good to remember a couple of things when trying to build a relationship. First, it is always important to have open communication with the other person. I have found that just simply texting the other person can make their day, and you also feel better after talking with someone. Though it may seem simple, it helps build a strong relationship because it shows the other person that you care what is happening in their day-to-day lives. If you find that the other person wants no contact with you or is ignoring you when they see you, then don't feel badly. Knowing your self worth and giving your time and friendship to the right people is crucial. 
You will know when you find your people, and that that is where you are meant to be. As I have experienced in my own life, it may (unfortunately) take a while to find people who want to truly be your friends, but don't settle for anything less.  I hope that you are encouraged by what we are saying! 

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 October 10th, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 I am glad you have made the effort. Sometimes, however, friendship is not meant to be. It is not your fault or the other person's fault, it just was not meant to be. Interests change. People change. Do not stop trying to be friends with others. Someday, you will find the right one. It will take time. So, please give yourself some time.

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP October 11th, 2024

@calmMango9611  I feel that I'm 45 years old and the clock doesn't stop ticking.  People tell me the older you get the harder it is to make friends.

load more