Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sharing Our Stories and Insights as Single Women 🌼

User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 September 27th, 2023

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all having a wonderful day! Today, I wanted to start a conversation about a topic that's often overlooked but important – being a single woman. This discussion was suggested by three of our amazing members, and I believe it's a great idea to explore together.

Being a single woman can be a unique and empowering journey. It comes with its own set of joys, challenges, and opportunities for self-discovery. Whether you're single by choice or circumstance, your experiences and insights are greatly valuable.

Here are a few questions to get us started, but please feel free to share whatever is on your mind:

  1. What do you enjoy most about being a single woman?
  2. Have you faced any societal pressures or stereotypes related to being single?
  3. How do you nurture your independence and self-care while being single?
  4. Are there any personal goals or aspirations you've pursued as a single woman?
  5. What advice would you give to other single women who might be struggling with societal expectations or loneliness?

Remember, this is a safe space to share your thoughts and experiences. There's no judgment here, only support and understanding. Your stories might inspire, comfort, or help someone else who's navigating the path of singlehood.

Wishing you all a wonderful day ahead! 😊🌷

4
User Profile: yellowMap8006
yellowMap8006 September 27th, 2023

I'm single by circumstances (full time caregiver to a family member) and it's difficult to handle loneliness. I know that I don't need a partner to have a fulfilling life and I try to embrace the benefits of being single. But it's okay to admit that loneliness hurts.

1 reply
User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 OP September 28th, 2023

@yellowMap8006 Hi there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and being open about your feelings. Loneliness can indeed be challenging, and acknowledging it is an important step. Remember, it's okay to seek support to help navigate these emotions. Take care!

load more
User Profile: mich765
mich765 September 28th, 2023

@Mya000 I’m 47 and single, never married. One time when I was in my 20’s a married friend listened to what I was doing for the weekend and said, “I wish I could do that. I miss my freedom.” I decided then to enjoy the freedom I had rather than spending my time wishing I was married.


And the more I enjoyed my freedom, the more I wanted to keep it. Now I’m afraid of entering into a relationship because I don’t want to be “closed in.” I like my life. Even though I worry about being old and alone, I like where I am now with my animals and my clean no-men’s-socks-on-the-floor house.
1 reply
User Profile: Mya000
Mya000 OP September 28th, 2023

@mich765 Thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds like you've found happiness in your current lifestyle, and that's wonderful! Embracing your freedom and cherishing your independence is a valuable perspective. It's essential to prioritize your own well-being and what makes you happy.

load more