Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

birth control?

User Profile: theunluckyclover3
theunluckyclover3 19 hours ago

hi so i'm 13 3/4

I got my period yesterday 

I want to go on birth control, and i'm going to talk to my doctor when I go in December for yearly checkup, just because I find it stupid to have to deal with high emotions and pads and tampons and stuff like a week of every month. 

I've heard that its best to go on an extended cycle pack or whatever, and then you can switch if you want to continuous cycle 

has anybody gone through this or have any advice?? 

thanks 😊

1
User Profile: Remina
Remina 18 hours ago

@theunluckyclover3

Hey! When I was a teenager, I was put on birth control due to my irregular periods. I cannot give medical advice but I would discuss this with general doctor. Most of the time, it is best to avoid birth control at such a young age, if you are not sexually active, because of the hormones which can disrupt your growth.