Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Husbands learning & supporting a Menopausal wife

User Profile: TheJeff
TheJeff November 2nd, 2022

I would love to find support and discussion for husbands that are learning about menopause. Learning how to adapt and understand the menopause journey. Wives are not alone in this and as a loving husband I want to understand what role I can take. I would also like support for the struggles I encounter as the partner of a menopausal wife.

8
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 November 3rd, 2022

@TheJeff

It is very nice of you to want to understand what your wife is going through and how you can help her. Getting support from a partner can make such a big difference for a woman and can prevent her from feeling lost and alone. It can be very hard having to face menopause not understanding what is going on in the body, feeling that your environment does not understand your reactions and neither the person you love most in your life. So big thumbs up for you!

You can read about menopause here https://www.7cups.com/home/50plus/ Select under Filter by Topic Menopause and Perimenopause. You're also very welcome to pm me if you have any questions or post your question in the forum.

User Profile: TheJeff
TheJeff OP November 5th, 2022

@amiablePeace77 Thank you!

load more
User Profile: BuffOrpington
BuffOrpington November 4th, 2022

You might want to look up Jen Gunter's work - she's written a book, blog posts, has a podcast, and talks about menopause regularly. Might be an avenue for more information. Best of luck.

User Profile: TheJeff
TheJeff OP November 5th, 2022

@BuffOrpington thank you. I downloaded this book and will read it this weekend.

load more
User Profile: DavidCruze
DavidCruze November 10th, 2022

Just love him

User Profile: SteveAlan123
SteveAlan123 November 13th, 2025

@TheJeff good luck we are all looking for the same

User Profile: GentlewomanCozy23
GentlewomanCozy23 November 22nd, 2025

Thank you for taking this step and encouraging someone else experiencing something similar to do the same. #Staystrong

User Profile: sutts6789
sutts6789 December 31st, 2025

Thank you for starting this thread. I’ve been researching a lot as my gf has always had bouts of depression however paired with perimenopause it’s been amplified. A lot of withdrawal and I am understanding

why it’s neither of our fault. Any references to readings or advice from those that have supported their partner or advice from women here that has helped keep the connection alive would be very helpful.