What do I do if I love 2 people at once?

Alex DS Ellis, MA, LMFT

Feeling depressed or anxious can be so overwhelming. I want to help you feel better and be able to enjoy life. You are not alone and you deserve emotional support.

Anonymous
Take a break from both and deconstruct your feelings - why did you fall for the second person while with the first? Who do you trust more, and who do you believe will respect you?
bubblingFlower55
i dont think then that we can call this LOVE,love is meant to be for the right man or woman,Our mr or ms right. but if you feel that for 2 persons it means that you are confused about your emotions
Coloursofthesea
In my opinion, If you have feelings for 2 people at the same time then you should try and focus on yourself and how you feel. Sometimes if you are too choose one person over the other you may feel a sense of guilt or wonder was it the correct decision? This can become quite stressful and sometimes can make you feel negative about yourself. To avoid this, I think it would be a good idea to not get into a relationship with either person and focus on why you feel this way. Is it simply because you have feelings for both people? Or is there something deeper such as you seek love from people to feel better about yourself. If I was in that situation I would try and reflect on myself and how I am feeling.
MarkD
People love their mothers, and their fathers, their sisters, and their brothers. Nobody questions this, because it's understood that love fills whatever space it happens to be in. People get married and divorced, and spouses die. Nobody questions this, because love fills whatever space it happens to be in. Loving more than one person is *common*, but loving two people in a romantic way still isn't socially accepted yet. So you have to be very sure that's what's happening before you dig into it. If you're sure that the feelings you have are motivated by love, I'd invite you to do some reading on polyamory and open relationships. Non-monogamy, like monogamous relationships, only work if everybody is honest and communicates. When that honesty and communication is present, there's no reason why monogamy has to be assumed. You should talk with your partner(s) honestly about your feelings, once you've sorted them out.
Anonymous
The second person with whom you had fallen in love with.. from these two.. is the one you love more. because you have love the first person more then you'd not able to fall in love with the second person.. i don't know if its true in your case.. but you could try to compare both of them.. and be with one who makes you more happy.. #goodluck.
lovelySophie99
go for the second person because you wouldn't have fallen for the second one if you were in love with the first one
jovialMermaid84
The heart will know where you should be. Love is a natural, inherent part of our nature. I feel we have the capacity to love many at one time. Ask yourself, does this person speak to and identify with your truest version of yourself? Do they support you lovingly and kindly? Do they encourage you? Do they allow you the freedom to be yourself? Only you can answer who is the "right" one for you. Be loving, open and honest and things will unfold perfectly.
HttpSprinkle
Tell them! Honesty is always the best policy! You can always figure some way to make things work. You have to be true to yourself!
caringmelon
You already have the answer in mind. The best advice I can give is to get real with yourself. Our priority in life will always be to be the best version of ourselves in life. This means being strong physically, mentally, and emotionally. That strength is what helps you make decisions that best suits your life. Find the one that will give you that strength. Love the one that loves you best.
MindEmbrace
Be honest about it. Respect everyone involved and understand that they deserve to know the truth. Explain to them in the clearest and nicest way you can.
Anonymous
Figure out if you want to be in a relationship or not. Then leave it to time, things will get clear soon enough. Dont lead them on. and dont take any action until you are clear who you love
HeyThereItsGrey
Choose the second person, because if the first was meant to be then you wouldn't have fallen for the second.
ColoredPerspective
I try to give myself some space from them both so I can really connect with myself and work out my feelings. You never should want to lead two people on because it's not fair to them.
allnaturalUnicorns70
There is no limit to how much love a person can carry in himself, only how to express it appropriately. That's up to you. Being honest with your various loved ones about their mutual involvement in your life if critical. If you are hiding or lying to one or more, that isn't love.
Joner2016
You should really pick any one of them whom you feel like you will be happy with and whom you think will make you happy... But for a long term.
WeWillGetThereTogether
it happens. but if you love two people at the same time, I believe you can't love them at the degree. You must hear your heart out to see if who really means more to you.
txalant
I clearly recall seeing a recycled internet quote that said something along the lines of "If you're ever in love with two people at once, choose the second because if you truly loved the first you wouldn't have noticed the second" but I promise you that this is absolutely not the advice you should be taking. Sit down and try to sort out your feelings for each one. Is your "love" for both romantic? Do you feel a friendly connection with one that may be mistaken for love? Are these feelings of lust that were quickly created and felt? Write down the way you feel about each. Consider their feelings for you. Good luck on your journey to decipher what your feelings truly mean!
Kopie00
I say lay out the pros and cons of both people. Pick the one that makes you feel happy and brings positive changes to your life.
healingUnicorns55
This has happened to me before, I just spent time with both of them and over time I realized who's company I enjoyed more
lovelypumpkin
Follow your heart. That is the most helpful thing. You may even be polyamorous, and that is completely okay as long as everyone involved knows of the situation c:
Anonymous
See whom you love more. Go out with both of them and observe who makes you more happy, with whom you feel in the moment like there is no where else you'd rather want to be. You don't need a break from love. And when you find the one. You'll know because everyday after that will seem like a vacation.
Normally you can't really be in love with 2 people at a time, this is because you will be too busy loving that one person to be falling for some1 else. So the question is who are you really in love with and who do you have a crush/attraction too.
BassistBriar
If you love two people at once, weigh out the pros and cons of each. Whomever has more pros, go after her. If it doesn't work out and option two is available, go after him or her! :)
Anonymous
According to many scientists, humans are designed to have more than one partner, so it is normal for you to have these feelings.
mixmich1301
First of all, dont do anything before knowing for sure which one you trully love. Secondly, just let things go normally, you'll see that you have more feelings for one than for the other, just give time to time.
Anonymous
If you love two people at once, see what's different about them. Maybe the pros and the cons of each person and how they make you feel inside. If one person makes you feel better than the other person than go with the person that makes you feel the best.
Anonymous
If you would have really love the first one, there wouldn't be place or time in your heart and mind for the second one!
Anonymous
Loving two people at once is something that most people face in life at some point. Most people would say that you should choose the 2nd person that you fell in love with but I don't agree with this. I think writing down what you love about both of them and choosing the one who has the most things that you love is the way to go!
radiantSoul65
well i would forget about the one you fell in love with first because if you honestly loved him/her then you would not have fallen for the second person.
Anonymous
Follow my heart, if I love them both at the same time I would go for someone who is suitable for me and understand the reason why I love that person.