I am gay and I'm in love with a straight, what can I do?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

Anonymous
If you are gay and you are in love with a straight person, there is nothing you can really do. This happens quite frequently, and as much as you want to be with the person, if the person doesn't want to be with you, there is nothing you can do about it.
Anonymous
You gotta first confirm whether it's love or attractions! And once you confirm that it's love then if the person is really understanding, really loves you as a friend! Then u tell him as one's friendship should be much stronger than love! There's no crime in loving a straight person!
Anonymous
If your in love with a striaght, the best way is to express your feelings to the lover.this will hel
geovanisouza92
Forget it. Otherwise you'll only hurt yourself and loose the chance to meet somebody and have a real relationship.
Anonymous
öcdfklşsjvfdkvbklfnvbnvofvnfjdsbkdmlnbjdbkdfnbkdflşsnuıefhjvnjkfhvgklasnjkdlvjlmnvkvgdfsuyhrılgnvdjhvbjdfklsvbj
positiveWhisper24 - Expert in LGBTQ+
You can join the club. The club of gay people who have been in love with a straight. Seriously. First thing is know that this has happened to literally EVERYONE. But does it really make a difference if they are straight or gay, if at the end of the day they are someone who is not attracted to you? It's the same thing, only the have sort of already turned you down by being straight. Just be careful with your heart and be sensitive to their feelings, and keep looking. You will find someone who's right for you.
JayBird8000
Honestly, you can't do a thing. Sure, you can confess & hope they somehow feel the same. But it's like if someone of the gender you werent attracted to tried to convince you to become straight for them. Wouldn't that be rude and bothersome? You cant help the way you feel, and neither can they. I suggest accepting this, and trying to move on.
practicalMap8555
im in the same position right now. look i beleive and im planning to do it too that you need to express your feelings. but you also need to be uptaded and known with the fact that thee they maybe are some consequences from that person . maybe he say what you expressed his gang or something. of course what you are doing is not a shame but some people havent got any mind. so considering this you are ready for whatever it takes. remember NO ONE CAN JUDGE YOU. THERE IS HELP FROM FRIENDS , FAMILY , VIA THIS SITE ALSO. But you need to know that if the person doesnt want to do something with you, you need to pass no matter what...
ooopossum
In my experience, situations like this have never ended well. I would advise against trying to pursue the person or attempting to "change" them, and instead try to move on and look for someone new. You deserve someone who is attracted to you fully, and someone who is straight cannot do that. It may be hard but I know that you can move on and find someone who really deserves your love!
Kat140615xx
Be honest with the person Who your in love with, Then you may have some closure if they do not feel the same way, But honestly is always best policy else it eat you up inside,
Anonymous
Let me start by saying that I have been in your position before and it's such a difficult one to be in. If you know said person well and are sure they are straight, from my experience the only option is to move on. I know that is easier said than done and there's no one piece of advice I could give to help but always know that what you're going through is and will be hard and that will always be others there to help.
You have to respect that the person you like is straight just like how he respect and accept you being Gay. If you feel you can't help falling for that person then maybe you can try going out with other people and spending less time together.
RibbonOfLight4
Move forward. Those loves are like falling in love with a teacher, or a straight falling in love with a gay, or falling in love with a married person, or falling in love with a singer or an actor. It's just not possible. We've all been through it... So, you can overcome this :)
Silverlining1512
Unfortunately not very much romantically. Everyone has room in their life for friends, so try focussing on friendship over relationship.
readerandwriter
Sorry to say, but you can't change someone's sexuality. If the person you love is straight, the only thing to do is try to move on.