The goal of this document is to promote a safe, warm, comfortable, inviting, and supportive atmosphere on 7 Cups.
When accessing the site as a Member/Guest, you are agreeing that you will:
- Remain professional, kind, and respectful towards one another.
Even if you do not get along with an individual listener, member, or guest it is up to you to act appropriately, step away and not engage. It is up to you to put yourself in situations where you can act in this manner.
- Prevent hurtful rumor/gossip spreading.
Rumor: a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
Gossip: idle talk especially about the personal or private affairs of others
- Aim to grow and learn as a person.
- Show respect and kindness to Group Moderators.
Group Mods are volunteers who strive to foster a healthy chat room environment. Please remember this.
- Refrain from sharing personal contact information
including, but not limited to, social media accounts, home addresses, phone numbers, messaging apps/sites, or any other medium of contact off-site.<
- Maintain a confidential atmosphere.
All conversations between you and listeners are confidential. Do not share any chat details with any other listeners or members. Additionally, do not write or blog about any issues you are supporting people on.
- Engage in healthy problem solving.
This means problem solving with the goal to continue to make the community better. Engage in healthy debates and conversations which lend themselves to problem solving and working together.
- Use proper conflict resolution skills with every person on the site
Proper conflict resolution means dealing with conflict in a supportive manner that benefits both you and the other person involved.
- Respect boundaries of other community members.
This includes a total ban on stalking and harassment of any kind.
- Choose not to engage in sexting or flirting.
We have a zero tolerance policy for these behaviors. Even if it is consensual, it is not allowed on 7 Cups.
- Never create second accounts on the site.
Each human in the world is only allowed one listener and one member account. There are no exceptions.
- Do not engage in hateful behaviors of any kind.
Showing hate towards any gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, racial or cultural background or imposing your view point on any of these items on another user is forbidden.
- Do not be suicidal, homicidal, or abusing anyone.
- We now have a behavior point system.
We ask each user to live by the guidelines outlined in this thread. Each behavior mentioned will be assigned a behavior point, once a certain number of points are accumulated within 6 months, consequences will be enacted.
Below are the 7 Cups forum posting guidelines! We ask that you strive to post supportive, empathic and kind messages in the forum. For more details about how to post appropriately in the forums, please visit this forum thread.
Avoid engaging in conversations that polarize the community or divide us. Such threads are subject to removal.
Do not spam the forums in any way. Spamming will lead to the rejection of your account.
If you find yourself working against the positive environment we are building here and the supportive, problem-solving culture, then we ask you take a moment of pause and reflection to consider your intentions for being here. Review the threads & ideas mentioned below and really take some time to evaluate your role here.
Posts may be removed if they fail to approach problem-solving in good faith, or if they perpetuate debate without an constructive purpose. Posts will be subject to removal (or, where appropriate, editing) for using negative, hurtful or abusive tone or language. If your post is edited you will be notified.
Posts from rejected listeners (even if posted from a legitimate member account) attempting to rally support based on false or partial information and from behind a veil of confidentiality will be subject to removal or editing.
Do not share names of drugs or medication with others.
All guidelines and thus consequences for acting inappropriately work the same way in the forum as in anywhere else on the site. Please refer to general site guidelines for more information.
We are all here for the members/guests, but we are also here to make the actions and goals of our entire community relevant, valuable and important to the universe. If you are able to simultaneously have culture improving, thoughtful, problem-solving community-building conversations while also supporting your members and fellow listeners - you are participating correctly. You can read more about forum moderation in this forum.
Consequences of Violation of Guidelines
Violation of any of these guidelines may subject you to removal from the site indefinitely. Each case is dealt with individually to determine the best course of action. If you find yourself unable to access the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a second review of your account.
Reporting Violations of Community Guidelines
- If you are reporting a listener, please leave them a review notifying us of their violation of rules. After this, you may block the Listener using the button that looks like this: in the upper right hand corner of the chat screen.
- If you are reporting a member or the listener has blocked you so you are unable to leave a review email email@example.com with the following:
- Person’s username
- Your username
- What took place, when did it take place, where it took place, and what proof of the violation is there. Please keep your report to under 5 sentences, if possible.
- If a fellow community member creates a forum post that expresses that they are suicidal, please reach out to a Forum Mentor have the post removed swiftly.
All reported community guideline violations are kept strictly anonymous and confidential.
We are not trying to police your behavior. But we are trying to create a positive, supportive community experience for every single person who comes to 7 Cups. Your peers will be responsible for letting us know when they feel a violation has occurred. Keep that in mind as you go about interacting in the community.