What do you regret you should have known earlier in life?
That kindness is never something to regret and someone choosing to do harm to another being has nothing to do with the being that’s having the harm done and everything to do with the person doing the harming. We typically see survivors as weak and as if they were prey but this is an uneducated underrating of perpetrators and life. People thing you have to have done something for something bad to happen to you. Sometimes bad things just happen, and it’s completely out of the persons control. And instead of trying to blame someone for the actions of another and thinking that person must have been weak and needs to be stronger, we simply need to give them compassion and extra support. Nobody deserves to go through violent offenses and be treated as if they are the cause of it somehow. They deserve to be taken in and kept safe and protected, not forced to deal with it on their own because you believe they are simply weak because you lack understanding of the real world and bad people simply just being bad.
I regret trusting to others when I was in the worst times in my life.. because I got the hate and I also got misgendered constantly afterwards. My classmates think of me as a bad person now. I also regret being too negative irl because I also got gaslighted and told to be grateful by my remaining friends still when I was at my lowest.
Ii regret that not realising very early that there is no real teaching ,only learning is natural process.