Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Children are adult and building their indepent life? Share here!

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence August 3rd, 2018

Hello, let's talk about grown children!

enlightened Do you have children that are adult and building their independent life?

enlightened How is your life now that they flew out of the nest?

enlightened Do they still ask support to you or the interaction changed? How did it change?

enlightened How often do you meet them?

tag list:

@1Marg1 @amiablePeace77 @AmusingJet302@BeyondTheInvisible @DanaMH @dapperdime @empathicForest15 @FlowerLily23 @GuardianAngel77 @GusteeMoon123 @inventivehouse2965 @JolivetteListens @Lauren63 @Nova101 @pamharley003 @quietSail6485 @richyShiny39 @sincereHemlock2665 @SoulfullyAButterfly @soulsings @Tom444 @Tyedyedbutterfly

- If you have not already done so, please submit this short form add or remove your name: https://tinyurl.com/ybyg3g3y

24
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 3rd, 2018

Seems like the tag list is not working, so i post it here :

tag list:

@1Marg1 @amiablePeace77 @AmusingJet302@BeyondTheInvisible @DanaMH @dapperdime @empathicForest15 @FlowerLily23 @GuardianAngel77 @GusteeMoon123 @inventivehouse2965 @JolivetteListens @Lauren63 @Nova101 @pamharley003 @quietSail6485 @richyShiny39 @sincereHemlock2665 @SoulfullyAButterfly @soulsings @Tom444 @Tyedyedbutterfly

User Profile: JolivetteListens
JolivetteListens August 3rd, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible I do not have any children but I love the topic idea! heart

2 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 3rd, 2018

@JolivetteListens

Yup! Thanks Jolivette!

User Profile: GuardianAngel77
GuardianAngel77 August 5th, 2018

@JolivetteListens

I do to like the topic too. 😊😊!!

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 August 3rd, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible

Hey beyond, I do not have children, just my inner child.

I could however imagine and heard from friends as well that it is sometimes difficult to cope with loneliness when the grown up children leave home, the house feels empty even if the partner is still around. The usual "cuddle up", the valuable affection is missing.

1 reply
User Profile: GuardianAngel77
GuardianAngel77 August 5th, 2018

@amiablePeace77

So very true! 😊😊😊!

load more
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 August 3rd, 2018

I don

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 August 4th, 2018

Please dont tag me with anything to do with children or grandchildren

11 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 4th, 2018

@Lauren63

Hi Lauren, ok no worries

Please submit this short form to add or remove your name: https://tinyurl.com/ybyg3g3y

10 replies
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 August 4th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible I dont want to leave the community. I dont have children, hence no grands either. That is all.

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 August 5th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible Wow kinda makes me feel you want me to go. Could that be true?

4 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings August 8th, 2018

@Lauren63 no we are not wanting you to go. Some people are over 50 and do not have grandchildren.

I am sorry you are not in that situation and do not want posts about children or grand children. Would it be possible just to close the threads about children because it is very difficult to remember that for each person.

We want you in the community but if as long as you are on the tag list you get notificaitions of all posts. Another option is to remove yourself from tag list when you do this short form and just go to the forum and look through the threads and see what is interesting to you.

Thank you for contributing to the community.

3 replies
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 August 8th, 2018

@soulsings I apologize to you and BeyondTheInvisible. I have been staying away when I have had a bad day. That day I didnt. Im going to try harder. I know most people have kids and grandkids at this stage of life. You both are doing a great thing for everyone!

2 replies
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 August 8th, 2018

@Lauren63

Hi Lauren, so sorry that you were having a bad day. I know some things like this topic and some others trigger me since my oldest is joining the Navy next June and leaving so I know my therapist and I talked about it and other things. You can always reach out to me or another listener if you ever do want to talk. I like you here and hope today is better for you.

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings August 9th, 2018

@Lauren63 no worry we value your presence in the community. Thanks for responding. Everyone has a bad day sometime.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 August 5th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible Out.Hope that helps.

3 replies
User Profile: JolivetteListens
JolivetteListens August 5th, 2018

@Lauren63 I am certain that no one wants you out of the community because of a tagging misunderstanding.

There is no topic specific tag list. The tag form is for the community. Any topics specific to our age group is posted here.

I have no kids and no grands, of course. I was tagged in this post because Im a part of this community, just like you.

If not having children is a trigger for you, I completely understand that. It was a trigger for me at a time in my life so we could chat about that if you care to.

Please, dont abandon the community over a misunderstanding. heart

2 replies
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 August 9th, 2018

@JolivetteListens too much baggage, not able to talk to listeners . I will just stay on the sidelines. Thanks.

1 reply
User Profile: JolivetteListens
JolivetteListens August 9th, 2018

@Lauren63 Understood.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings August 4th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible hi there good topic!

enlightened Do you have children that are adult and building their independent life? Yes and they are building a career and family.

enlightened How is your life now that they flew out of the nest? I felt it strongly and it was bit of a midlife crisis so I had to ask myself a lot of questions about my new life.

enlightened Do they still ask support to you or the interaction changed? How did it change? Sometimes they talk about what is going on but they do not often ask for advice. Independent.

enlightened How often do you meet them? They are far away so maybe once a year. Mostly phone.

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 8th, 2018

@soulsings

Hi Soul!

Glad to hear things are going well for your daughter and I am sure you can remind yourself she is happy and building her life, when you feel down because she's far away. It may help a little bit to feel less in pain for the distance, hopefully.

Not sure if this reflection can help as well: children are meant to become adult and build their independent life, parents are meant to guide them to fly safe out of the nest .

load more
User Profile: Krj2018
Krj2018 August 4th, 2018

enlightened Do you have children that are adult and building their independent life?

I do have children that have built an independent life , as well as successfull , all of which I am very proud of and happy for them.

enlightened How is your life now that they flew out of the nest?

This question is to say the least a very loaded one for me ,long story short , the reason I'm reaching out

enlightened Do they still ask support to you or the interaction changed? How did it change?

No, yes very much so and how ? I dont know the hows and whys its just completly F.U.B.A.R'd at this point

enlightened How often do you meet them?

i only got to see them for holidays, Birthdays or special events and now its probably going to be a very long time if ever again, pardon the dramatics, however their are circumstances for which I say that not just the fact that life is too short anyway.

This Sucks , and I'm losing it can anyone relate at all ?

2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings August 8th, 2018

@Krj2018 I hear you my daughter lives 1700 miles away and I am lucky to see them once a year in person.

Fortunately I can Skype or use Face time or stay in touch on Face book so it eases the pain of separation.

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 8th, 2018

@Krj2018

Hi there!

It is positive you are happy for them because their life goes on well.

Sorry to hear that maybe the interaction with you changed and that there are not always occasions to meet.

I hope you can find a way to cope with the negative aspects of that change and that the community can support you during "low" moments.

Take care!

load more