Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

(Thread closed) Day 26: When was the last time you were too hard on yourself? What do you think you could have done to treat

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 January 25th, 2019

When was the last time you were too hard on yourself? What do you think you could have done to treat and comfort yourself instead?

@24963534 @1Marg1 @amiablePeace77 @AmusingJet302 @Aspace4u @bestplum1189 @BeyondTheInvisible @Bigvalleyrob @BlueSkyDay1911 @bogartfan @Brokenhearted @carefreeheart57 @CaringPanda45 @caringPumpkin64 @convivialBlueberry6200 @DanaMH @chickadee123 @decisiveTangerine1372 @easyBalloon5468 @empathicForest15 @exuberantAvocado5095 @faithlove1111 @fearlessPine2167 @FlowerLily23 @funkygirl @Glorene @gracie2303 @greenpear8830 @GuardianAngel77 @GusteeMoon123 @GustyOne4U @Help0ver5OAnxietyorManicBiPolar @inventivehouse2965 @January1963 @joliver1967 @JolivetteListens @kittycat15 @Lauren63 Lolowise475 @LumenEssense @Maryvs @mellisendis @MistyMagic @MissPen @MusicCandy @mutter3 @Nova101 @Novalis4u @OffMyTrack @pamharley003 @passionateWheel1397 @PaytonGlover @pinkPapaya7701 @Pixielou44 @purplehairedone @quietSail6485 @pinkPapaya7701@rainbowsage5 @redGrapefruit5314 @RenaeListens @richyShiny39 @Roger57 @Roxy0007 @ScarletLand3247 @scarletSpring3133 @Shycat542 @sincereHemlock2665 @SmileAtWill @SoulfullyAButterfly @soulsings @Texgal0869 @Tom444 @Tish1982 @Tyedyedbutterfly @vh @wittyNest2941 @what @worthystruggle @Zengrl

22
User Profile: mutter3
mutter3 January 25th, 2019

@DanaMH Yesterday,I was sick and couldn't pick up my son from work. Consumed with guilt. The solution was so simple I couldn't see it. I called someone else to pick him up. Now I have a backup plan rather than a meltdown.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 25th, 2019

Sorry to hear that you have been sick hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear that you now have a backup plan when you need to have them help you.


@mutter3

load more
User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 25th, 2019

Recently I wasn

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 25th, 2019

Glad to hear that everything worked out but sorry that you had to worry a lot. Sometimes when things happen we can talk to people and work things out also. If at work maybe the other person needs to be trained.


@Zengrl

load more
User Profile: Offmytrack
Offmytrack January 25th, 2019

New Year's Day. I had a misunderstanding with my girlfriend, she got very angry at me. What I should have done earlier was to talk to her about the situation, be completely honest, and make sure she understood my position. I did that later, and it solved the problem.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 27th, 2019

That is great that you did talk to her and resolved the problem. Communication is key to conversations. Sometimes we need to ask clarifying questions to understand others also.


@Offmytrack

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 January 26th, 2019

@DanaMH

Dana, it still happens from time to time that I am too hard on myself like this week but I am getter better and better. I keep telling myself, "you know the reasons why you do that, you know it is not true so focus on something else". I understand why and that helps most.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 27th, 2019

That is great to hear that you are getting better and better as time goes. We do learn from our past.


@amiablePeace77

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 January 31st, 2019

@DanaMH

Yes Dana, it's a journey not a race laugh

load more
load more
User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 26th, 2019

Ive given up

User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 26th, 2019

@Lauren63 Hey there, what

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 27th, 2019

@Zengrl I tried to be in a chat room. I tried to talk. Instead I was questioned. Who cares? My posts were deleted. I guess its ok for people to judge me. But if I respond, delete. You are liked here. You cant understand. The community says make friends, ask questions. But if you do you get shit on. I m sorry. Thanks. Thats all I have to say.

User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 27th, 2019

@Lauren63 I tried a chatroom (think it was anxiety) about a week ago and hung out for a while. I wasn

User Profile: Lauren63
Lauren63 January 27th, 2019

@Zengrl no not anymore. I tried and was left out again. This my nightmare. You just stay grounded. Hope your life is great.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 27th, 2019

Hi Lauren, not sure who is deleting your messages. I know I haven't deleted any of your messages unless you asked me to.


@Lauren63 @soulsings

User Profile: Zengrl
Zengrl January 27th, 2019

@Lauren63 Which chatroom was it? Also, are you using the mobile app or computer? Hopefully we can track down what happened.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo January 27th, 2019

This week, just dealing with all the aspects of life insurance have been hard. My cost:value kinda stinks.

Obviously there's much more to what I bring in vs. my expenses. Financials do come into play though in how we are valued by others - go watch Unspeakable for examples on that (a series I am following despite how hard it is at times).

I think I could have been kinder to myself if I had pushed that appointment back further. I could certainly be feeling better physically when dealing with all of the questions, it would have made it easier to keep the financial discussion from bringing me down about how number values can be placed on me.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 27th, 2019

It is sad how others do value others like that and insurance is way to expensive totally agree with that. Can you please share the link to Unspeakable since I wasn't really sure where to find that. Sorry that the financial discussion had you feeling that way since I think it does to a lot of us.


@AffyAvo

User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo January 27th, 2019

@DanaMH https://www.cbc.ca/unspeakable/

I'm not sure if it's available to all countries or not.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 27th, 2019

Thanks for the link.


@AffyAvo

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: MissPen
MissPen January 28th, 2019

I left home for a weekend trip and forgot to leave the key out for me cat-sitter. I ended up driving home in the middle of the night. I felt awful all the way home for being a bad ‘cat-mom and being so forgetful.

Had I not completely lost it I would have remembered that i have a spare key at a friends house.

User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 OP January 28th, 2019

Sometimes we don't think clearly when we are in a panic also. Glad that cat is ok and you drove safely.


@MissPen

load more