Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trying to change from a selfish lifestyle, to a selfless way of life. What About Sex?

User Profile: LucidDreamzzz
LucidDreamzzz February 27th, 2019

I am a straight male who has not tried and has no desire to shoot up or be curious sexually. I was a 40-year-old bachelor when I found out at a blood drive that was Poz. I yelled out and cried, devastated that I would never be who I use to be. How do I talk about it? I still do not to this day because of the labels and fear. I am undetectable, but this is the first time I have been public about me. I have been ashamed, and I am not the "turn the other cheek" kind of guy. If you start some s***, you better be ready to go the distance. I am a veteran, athlete, musician, husband, and entrepreneur that has not overcome a voracious appetite for xxx sex. What the hell do I do? I do not want boring sex but I must adhere to laws and ethics. Anyone else dealing with these issues? Thanks!!

1
User Profile: lovelyWhisper66
lovelyWhisper66 March 1st, 2019

@LucidDreamzzz Hi there Lucid, welcome to the community. We are so glad to have you here with us. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, and it is very brave of you to open up to us. As you mentioned, there is immense stigma and prejudice when it comes to these issues sadly. I'm very proud of you for reaching out to us; that in itself is a crucial step towards handling the issue and working on recovery. How have you been coping lately?

I can not tell you what to do unfortuately, but we are here for you. The listeners are avialable at any time to chat if you ever need to talk things out. Also, I am sharing a couple of resources below; feel free to check them out if you are interested.

Resources for Addiction
Sexual Health

Best wishes, and let us know if you have any concerns/questions. We'd love to hear from you, so feel free to keep us posted on how you are doing, whether it's in the forums or support sessions. Take care! :)