Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety manifests in me as paranoia: Thinking everyone is mad at me.

User Profile: liza6pence
liza6pence November 30th, 2017

I'd love to connect with anyone does the same thing I do: I sometimes decide that everyone hates me, out of nowhere.

I've tried to really examine what makes my anxiety tick or trigger recently. And I've realized that it's almost completely relationship-based. When I have to perform, and as an actor and singer I do a lot, I am generally not that nervous, and I am filled with a positive excited energy. But if I get stuck in a stream of paranoid thoughts about people I know, I sometimes feel out of control.

I am very lucky to have great family and friends, and a caring partner. But I often get paranoid, based on something someone has said or even a vibe they have let off, and I often take whatever it is personally, and then think about it a crazy amount. I often conclude that they are angry with me or are even done with being my friend. And I know I do this and that it's almost always in my head because I've had friends and even my own mom tell me, "no I'm not mad at you! What in the world gave you that idea?"

My boyfriend whom I've been with for almost a year now, knows I have anxiety, and he has it too, and is very understanding. But it super sucks when I start getting paranoid that he doesn't love me anymore. And I know he does. But he was sick a few weeks ago and I tore myself apart for a couple days thinking he was probably done with me. Just because he wasn't in the mood to talk because of feeling sick. And of course he's feeling better and the paranoia was all for nothing.

I'd just love to connect with people who have this same issue. How do you cope when you're having a hard time telling what is your anxiety talking and what is reality?

4
User Profile: jessica92
jessica92 December 1st, 2017

@liza6pence

I have the same issue, basically... it really sucks.

1 reply
User Profile: liza6pence
liza6pence OP December 11th, 2017

@jessica92 Do you basically always feel this way or does it come in waves? Just curious how other people deal with it.

load more