Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Article: Trauma from Childhood Bullying May Persist into College

User Profile: Kate
Kate October 2nd, 2018

*Trigger Warning*

It's Bullying Prevention Month and I found this article that I think some of you may be interested in checking out. It talks about the long-term effects of childhood bullying and focuses on how those experiences can impact college students.

"New research finds that college students report the psychological impact of childhood bullying is on the same level as severe physical or sexual abuse."

Check out this article on Psych Central and let me know if you have any thoughts or reactions.

2
User Profile: Lostinworld96
Lostinworld96 October 2nd, 2018

I did not understand what the person who had been bullied was supposed to do to help themself get over it. In my opinion, those who were bullied as kids, as adults they are still bullied by everyone. Its just that by the time they grow up, they have learned to deal with it better, but its still slowly driving them into a mental disorder.

User Profile: wittyEyes5762
wittyEyes5762 December 24th, 2018

I must agree with every word! In my life Ive been bullied as well as sexually and physically abused. I must say that the bullying was much more painful than everything else! Its been 10 years and for me its like it happened yesterday.