Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Been fighting a porn addiction for about 7 years. Wanted to post on a forum for public support and to break the cycle

User Profile: affableFriend8796
affableFriend8796 April 21st

I've been attempting to break my compulsive porn consumption problem for about 7 years now. I have had periods of up to a year where I don't even view porn let alone *** to it. It was a lot easier back when my partner and I were together pretty much 24/7 in the COVID lockdown era, but since being back to work (remote) whenever my partner leaves the house it has been a struggle not to relapse. I wanted to start a log on here to create some public accountability. Last relapse was on 4/17/26. Thanks everyone!

6

@affableFriend8796

Been through that. It got really bad, it would be scary to describe and not useful, and I hate to remember those times. But... you got this my friend! For me it was Jesus who delivered me, but to talk to an unbeliever useful practical tips that also helped me with it were... throwing smartphone away and buying myself dumbphone (still have it), having always sth to do, being occupied with sth, no boredom, having real friends, supportive encouraging ones around me.

User Profile: Mateo214666
Mateo214666 May 6th

@Amazinggracethatsavedawretchlikeme

load more
User Profile: joaambb
joaambb May 6th

Hey! Thanks for sharing. I am also struggling with it and I hate it. For me it’s very hard to keep relapsing when I try not to do it every day. It’s mentally exhausting and I don’t even know how to describe it. But I do believe that one day I will overcome this and so do you